Menu

What's for dinner?

1. Rodent bones all over the table.

2. Dh coming home late.

3. I just want to eat ketchup. Maybe with chocolate. And a few pickles :ack2: Makes it hard to get inspired, lol.

4. I forget what exists. Dh made pot pie last night. We've got all the stuff for a salad except the actual *salad* lol.

Help!

I have celery and red grapes that need to be used before they're completely useless, so I'm making tuna salad for dh and I. The kids don't really like tuna, so they'll be getting macaroni and cheese. And I'll probably make a bag of rice and veggies to balance it out a little. What's in your pantry? It might help to go look there! :)

Chicken & ground turkey & various veggies in the *freezer*

Rice

Beans

PB

Tomato sauce/paste/etc

Spaghetti sauce

Bread

Frozen/canned/fresh fruit

Cheese

I don't have my glasses on--that's what I can see from here/remember.

Besides eating ketchup, I really want to do laundry. :confused: I wish I could hit the self-feed button on the kids & wash clothes. :lol:

Broccoli quiche (using up our chickens' eggs!) and pineapple.

Lisa

We have pineapple, but no eggs. Not sure about the broccoli. We've got mixed veg (peas, carrots, corn) & mixed Italian veg (squash & such) & collard greens. Probably some spinach.

If you have tortillas you could make burritos with the beans and rice. :001_smile: That and spaghetti are my go to meals when I feel uninspired.

We're out of tortillas, & dh has been making a lot of tostadas. Spaghetti sounds good, but I don't think we have noodles. And I'm scared to go in the kitchen long enough to both thaw AND cook the meat.

Why? The dishes are done; there's nothing scary except the *junk* on the counter. I keep cleaning it off & it keeps coming back. Dh set the kitchen on fire last night when he turned on the wrong burner & set all the *junk* on fire. :svengo:

Ok, I cut up all the fruit in the house: pineapple, melon, pear. I split a container of yogurt 4 ways for "dip." They're also having baby carrots & steamed peas.

And they think I hung the stars & moon. :lol:

No pickles.

No chocolate.

No ketchup.

Ok, I cut up all the fruit in the house: pineapple, melon, pear. I split a container of yogurt 4 ways for "dip." They're also having baby carrots & steamed peas.

No pickles.

No chocolate.

No ketchup.

As long as they aren't hungry it is a terrific meal.

How about you? Any chocolate around the house?

As long as they aren't hungry it is a terrific meal.

How about you? Any chocolate around the house?

Yep. And pickles. Dh will feed me, though. He prevents weird cravings. :D

ETA: And I've got home made whole wheat squash bread (w/ squash they grew in their garden last year) for "dessert" if they're hungry.

DH will not be coming home for dinner - last minute change so chicken went back into the fridge.

I had a "big salad" a la Elaine with fake crabmeat. Kids had PB&J or Turkey & cheese with carrot sticks. Video went on as soon as I got the call that I'd be solo tonight.

No pickles.

No chocolate.

No ketchup.

Yum! :tongue_smilie:

Our dinner plans changed due to dh getting home from work later than I anticipated. So, ds had grilled lemon pepper fish (frozen) with a side of rice & veggies before leaving with dh for scouts. The two youngest girls had Chick Fil A (kids eat free night) while their oldest sister was at dance class. DD1 and I stopped and picked up strombolis on the way home. Hers had sausage, pepperoni, black olives & mushrooms. Mine has spinach, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Dh will have to fend for himself when he gets home from scouts.

Our dinner plans changed due to dh getting home from work later than I anticipated. So, ds had grilled lemon pepper fish (frozen) with a side of rice & veggies before leaving with dh for scouts. The two youngest girls had Chick Fil A (kids eat free night) while their oldest sister was at dance class. DD1 and I stopped and picked up strombolis on the way home. Hers had sausage, pepperoni, black olives & mushrooms. Mine has spinach, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. Dh will have to fend for himself when he gets home from scouts.

What?? Why didn't someone tell me this? CFA has ketchup.

Usually on nights like yours, I make breakfast.

Tonight we had boneless pork chops marinated in Mojo, rice, and corn. It's still on the stove - people keep trickling in at different times. I've fed myself and three kids, dh and one more kid to go. :001_smile: