Menu

Quiche Makers!!

Broccoli cheddar quiche

2-3 C broccoli florets, steamed or raw (I use raw)

3-4 large eggs

1.5 C milk or cream

1/2-1 t salt

1 C cheddar cheese, grated

Pie crust of your choice

Place broccoli and cheese in the crust. In a bowl mix remaining ingrd. Pour over broccoli and cheese. Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes. My kids love this one.

You can do basically the same thing with spinach, minus the cheese, adding some diced onion, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. You need to wilt the spinach in butter first though. Otherwise the same deal. :D Super easy.

The only way my husband ever liked quiche, I sliced some potatoes super thin on the mandolin and laid them on the pie plate as the crust. Then poured the mixture in that.

I don't have any particular good quiche recipe, cause I just fill the plate with the veggies, cheese and such (you can use almost anything) then pour the egg/milk mixture over top.

Last week I made a lovely quiche with spinach, asparagus, red peppers, onion, garlic and cheddar (or maybe it was mozerella?) cheese. Basically I just throw whatever veggies I have handy in with the eggs and cream, add a little S&P and some cheese, and it's good to go.

Love the idea of using potatoes as the crust!!

I think quiche is pretty hard to screw up.

I usually do 3 or 4 eggs, 1 cup of whole milk, 1 cup cheese and then whatever I want for flavor (I usually do 3/4 -1 cup flavored stuff). Mix it all together, pour it in a pie crust and bake between 350 and 400 until cooked through (40-60 min usually).

Soe fillings we like:

ham, sauteed onion with cheddar

finely chopped broccoli with cheddar

spinach with gruyere

we do a spicy spinach/smoked bacon (or spicy sausage)

pkg frozen spinach, defrozen

4 slices smoked bacon, cooked and chopped

3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 shredded jalapeno monterey jack cheese

2-3 eggs

1 cup sour cream

mix all together and place in pie crust in pie plates then cook for about 40 minutes at 400 degrees until browned on top. I have even made these and wrapped in plastic and tinfoil and froze them.

Smoked gouda with mushrooms is a great combo!

We like mexican too - saute a little shredded chx with some taco seasoning - we also put in onions and cheese.

I like greek - caramelized onions, chopped spinach (wilted), feta and greek seasoning.

I usually pre-bake the crust. Does everyone do this or not?

Also, I usually add a T. of flour to the mix-ins to help it set well.

I usually pre-bake the crust. Does everyone do this or not?

Also, I usually add a T. of flour to the mix-ins to help it set well.

I don't do either of these things. I find my quiche sets well as long as there isn't too much milk (which can make it runny).