Menu

Where do you buy jeans and khakis for your skinny young men?

Because I am in such agony over gas prices, I thought I'd ask here instead of driving all over town. :tongue_smilie:

My ds has outgrown his 30x32s by about 2 inches. But 32 is the longest size I can find in a 30 waist at Old Navy and Kohl's. Where else should I look for reasonably-priced jeans & khakis in a 30x34 size?

(edited to say I can find them online at JCP - but no free shipping)

Edited by OC Mom

Because I am in such agony over gas prices, I thought I'd ask here instead of driving all over town. :tongue_smilie:

My ds has outgrown his 30x32s by about 2 inches. But 32 is the longest size I can find in a 30 waist at Old Navy and Kohl's. Where else should I look for reasonably-priced jeans & khakis in a 30x34 size?

(edited to say I can find them online at JCP - but no free shipping)

I feel for you..... ds wears 30 x 32 and most of the time I have to get the 30 x 30 because I can't find the 30 x 32. I have never seen the 30 x 34. If Lands End has your size, they are great. And you can take back to Sears. Some Lands End is at Sears. Try Banana Republic and Gap, a lot of what is in his closet is from those.

My 6' 2" ds17 wears a 30 x 34. I've found them at Walmart, Penney's, Fred Meyer, Kohl's, Target and Costco. In fact, the last 3 times I've gotten him jeans they had that size at the Costco here, so that's where we've started going first!

My over-6' tall son weighs 130 pounds and wears a 28 x 32. Nightmare!
I hear ya! When My dh and I got married he wore 28 x 32. He's 5'11", but has long legs. Finding 28's was soooooo hard!!!

Course, back then my waist size was 23 1/2 (I'm 5'9")! It aint that now, that's for sure!

The only place I have found skinny tall pants for my boys is Drysdales. The few other places are insane expensive in comparison.

Oh and don't worry. Tho they are known for their western wear, they have normal jeans and dress pants too.:)

I finally found 29X34 jeans for my 13-year-old at a Levi's store. I don't want to tell you how much they cost, but they do at least fit. (I was very tired of seeing two inches of his usually mis-matched socks under the ends of his pant legs.)

Kohl's has some, but I don't know if they're offering free or cheap shipping. Old Navy sometimes has a limited selection in some colors and styles.

Good luck!

My 14yo wears 28x32, but he's really a 27" waist, so they still hang on him (sigh). I bought mine at Gap online with a coupon. Somtimes Marshalls or TJ Maxx carries those sizes. I try to stop in if I'm near one, but that doesn't happen often. We're going to need 28x34 in the fall. Not looking forward to that. I think Gap carries them online.

We did find some Wrangler jeans in 27x32, but they were stiff as cardboard and he wouldn't wear them.

I am going to check Penney's next time I'm in the area. If no luck there, I'll move to some of the online suggestions - Old Navy, Lands End, & Penneys, which I think all accept returns at the store. I usually love online shopping, but for ds' clothes I had hoped to have him try them on first.

(Kohls online was a bust - I checked 8 or 9 styles and didn't find a single one in 30x34)

Edited by OC Mom