Menu

Latest from the Narcissist file:

The last xh's weekend, my husband was 7 minutes late getting my youngest to my home. In that 7 minutes, my xh called that child (not me, not my dh) 4 times.

In response, xh has written that we return to the original decree, which has me bringing the kids to him on Fridays and him returning them to me Sundays.

That seems reasonable, right? I mean, if all things are equal and xh is miffed at us being late, he can impose the decree's original arrangement. In fact, he'd miss all the Friday traffic and have a better day for the long drive (Sunday).

Except that the decree says 6:00 pm and, on Fridays, I had been allowing xh to get the kids at 4:00 (he was picking oldest up from school and then the youngers at home).

So........because youngest was 7 minutes late, xh is giving up 2 HOURS with the kids each of his weekends.

Except that the decree says 6:00 pm and, on Fridays, I had been allowing xh to get the kids at 4:00 (he was picking oldest up from school and then the youngers at home).

So........because youngest was 7 minutes late, xh is giving up 2 HOURS with the kids each of his weekends.

So are you going along with this? Do you have to? After all, it seems that technically your dh was 1 hr 53 minutes early, not 7 minutes late.

Good thing he's not home teaching the math. :D

:D

This reminds me of when my son's little friend came over to play. He was about four. When he dad came to pick him up, he got The Warning: "Okay, Luke. Ten minutes and we're leaving!" Luke, Mr. Negotiator, said, "No! Let's say five!" Dad said, "Okay, buddy." ;)

So are you going along with this? Do you have to? After all, it seems that technically your dh was 1 hr 53 minutes early, not 7 minutes late.

Ha! Yeah, what she said.

And, seems to me like he's using his righteous indignation to wheedle himself out of something.