Menu

He Did It! He Did It! He Did It!

cseitter

Just had to share! My DS has known all his letter sounds perfectly for about 6 months now. Even to the point of looking at a book and trying to figure out the words by each individual sound. But blending just wasn't happenning!

Today He READ his first story! Fat Cat, Fat Rat. I am SO excited that it finally worked! Oh the JOYS of homeschooling! LOVE IT! What parent wants to miss that?!?

Congrats!

It's such an amazing thing to watch. My son just started blending for real this week too. Today at Target he saw a coloring book he liked.

"Wow, what's this about?" he said.

"I don't know, why don't you read the front." I said.

"Buh - at mmmm - an. It says Batman!"

Of course I was amused when he said with a puzzled look on his face: "Who's Batman?" Clearly my son is deprived, but at least I knew he was really reading it instead of guessing from the cover :)

What parent wants to miss that?!?

And the sad thing is, the teachers who teach our kids see it so often that it has become humdrum to them.

But I agree; who wants to miss some of these milestones! First step, first tooth, first word!!! :party:

I know, I can totally relate. I taught my 5 year old phonics this year, and he's taken off reading. It's such an awesome feeling knowing that WE taught them. My other 2 boys went to public school for Kindergarten, so I love this special time w/him. What a joy it is to teach them:)

Good job mom!!

Rachel

Of course I was amused when he said with a puzzled look on his face: "Who's Batman?" Clearly my son is deprived, but at least I knew he was really reading it instead of guessing from the cover :)

:lol:

My sons wouldn't know who he is either!