Menu

What curricula have you stuck with long-term?

mo2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singapore math; Spelling Workout;

These are probably the 2 that I can say we did all the way through (SM for 2 of the boys, SWO for all the boys). But things get tricky as the kids get older - new products arrive on the scene that fit one student better than another, or a co-op forms which benefits a kid or two, or mom is bored and needs a change, etc.

Curriculum hopping isn't a bad thing in and of itself. Thoughtful consideration to the needs of each student, the time of life, and the goal desired should play into any decision to change/add/omit a curriculum.

ETC - love, love, love it!

CLP Studying God's Word series - love it, too

Saxon Math - we do it totally differently than they suggest

Progeny Press guides

Bob Jones Reading

But, I'm mostly a curriculum jumper, trying different things each year. I like some variety and so do the kids.

I've been entirely faithful to SWR for the past four years, but I must admit my eyes have started to wander. . .

I two-timed Abeka Math this year with CLE for my oldest, but she's convinced me to crawl back to ask for forgiveness.

I'm breaking up with SOTW for a year to do all-US-history. It isn't really cheating when you're on a break, right?

I'm a complete science whore. I can't seem to settle down & be happy with any of the programs I've tried so far. I'm working on an alternative science lifestyle for next year as we're going to do BF History of Science instead of the usual topics on the four-year rotation. I'm hoping just the right Biology/Life Science grammar stage curriculum enters my life within the next year.

SOTW - 5 years

Right Start Math - 4 1/2 years (all levels except Geometry)

Singapore Math (concurrent with Right Start)

Elemental Science

Minimus Latin

Latin for Children

Latin Prep (1 and part of 2)

Elementary Greek

Nobody has mentioned Classical Writing? What happened, guys? We got lost somewhere in the middle of Homer, ourselves.

Julie

BobJones Reading- I have never left and I never intend to leave until 8th grade. I've done it for 3 years now! LOVE IT!

CLE Math-loved it, left it, went back to it, not changing!

Rod & Staff Grammer- loved it, left it (momentarily), went back to it, not changing!

SWR-loved it, left it, went back to it, not changing!

The rest is up in the air!

Edited by farmwife
forgot one thing