Menu

OK, Where is the camera? I know I am being PUNKED!

In one day... heck... in the span of a few hours, I had the following admissions requests:

1. A 20 year old MAN who wants to enroll in our high school. :glare:

2. A woman who wants to put her 3 year old child in our BOARDING program. :blink:

3. A couple inquiring about preschool enrollment for their child that is NOT BORN YET. :svengo:

Is it a full moon or something???

On an entirely unrelated note my oldest ds who is still homeschooling took the National Latin Exam today for the very first time and said it was easy-peasy.

:party:

Off to find more coffee....

Apparently the moon is closer to the earth than it has been for 12 years, so my brother was telling me yesterday. Sounds like a good time for a bout of lunacy if you are so inclined...

Congrats to your ds :)

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

3. A couple inquiring about preschool enrollment for their child that is NOT BORN YET. :svengo:

not as silly as it seams, there is a top girls boarding school ( which also takes has non boarding students) where admittance is in such high demand that you have to book your children in before they are born. My cousin went there and she was booked in for high school ( year 7 to 12) when she was 3 months old and only managed to get in because they have to have a % of students from rural Australia.

not as silly as it seams, there is a top girls boarding school ( which also takes has non boarding students) where admittance is in such high demand that you have to book your children in before they are born. My cousin went there and she was booked in for high school ( year 7 to 12) when she was 3 months old and only managed to get in because they have to have a % of students from rural Australia.

Yep, it's VERY common in the "best" schools here in Melbourne for parents to put their children on the waiting list either during pregnancy or right after the birth. Sometimes, it's the only way to get in.

I have a 3yo to offer up, too! :tongue_smilie:

On an entirely unrelated note my oldest ds who is still homeschooling took the National Latin Exam today for the very first time and said it was easy-peasy.

Good to hear! Ds is also taking it for the first time today. He's nervous about the culture and civilization questions, not the actual language stuff! He should be fine. What he didn't learn in his Latin curriculum, I'm sure we've touched on with SOTW! :D

We lived on a separate island which only had one English-speaking primary school. People used to run in to put their children on the waiting list as soon as the birth certificate was issued.

Laura

Apparently the moon is closer to the earth than it has been for 12 years, so my brother was telling me yesterday. Sounds like a good time for a bout of lunacy if you are so inclined...

Congrats to your ds :)

Rosie

I think it must be. I've had a weird day too! Someone turned our water off last night and we went all night and day today without water. Someone just got into our meter and turned it off! What the? :001_huh:

Then my mail person came and knocked on my door and complained to me, "You're on my list now!" because she had to deliver a package to me. It was super light so I don't know what she was complaining about. Then after she left I looked at it and it wasn't even for me. She gave me someone else's parcel! :confused:

Strange people abound. :glare: