Menu

Low body temp with illness?

Me too. Once when I went to the dr., then nurse took me temp three times and everytime it came up 94 and then finally said, "This darn thing must be broken or you would be dead." I told her that not that was not unusual for me to which she replied it wasn't possible. :glare: I took my temp every single morning for years. I hit 94 more than once and rarely went above 97. One hundred would be very high for me.

I have had this happen to me. I'll have all the symptoms of hypothermia. As soon as my body temperature goes back up to normal again, I'm fine. I've had the thyroid tests done several times and I'm not anywhere near borderline. I don't understand it.

When this happens to me the only symptoms I have are symptoms that are caused by low body temperature.

This happens to my teen dd when she is sick. Last time it happened, I was worried because she was so sick and had a low body temp. I call the dr.'s office and spoke with the nurse. She said to eat bananas. She said "I don't know why it works, but it does"....it did work for us.

Hope she feels better soon.