Menu

What School Does Your Child attend? -- Curious fun

mom2bee

Guest Dulcimeramy

We see these threads twice per year and the school names are definitely getting better. At least, they are more original!

:lol:

Our grammar school is

Burr Oak Story School.

We live under a burr oak tree, and our main curriculum is Sonlight.

Our dialectic and rhetoric school is

James Wisdom School for Young Men.

It comes from the definition of wisdom given by James, the brother of Jesus, in the New Testament.

Gifts for Girls Academy...the word gifts is also an acronym for the gifts I hope to give the girls as their teacher and the gifts they will in turn give to the world...I hope...:001_smile: (it might be kind of corny, I guess)

G is for Grace

I is for Integrity

F is for Faith

T is for Truth

S is for Strength

I don't have to file paperwork, because we go through a charter or a private umbrella school..but on my facebook under work...

I am headmistress of Cliffs of Insanity Day Academy and

life-coach at St. Jen's school for exceptional teens.

I'm tempted to order polo shirts with the former :D

Love that!

We are "The Ruff Academy for Boys". Because Ruff is our last name, and all the students are boys. But I think it sounds like a reform school.

Lol, yeah, it does sound like a reform school :lol:. But I'm sure your boys are Ruff enough to handle it if it were...

We see these threads twice per year and the school names are definitely getting better. At least, they are more original!

:lol:

Whoops! Sorry all, I didn't realize this was a common strand. I didn't even think to search for it. :confused:

Chicago Metropolitan Academy for Monkeys.

(Sometimes we leave off "for Monkeys", though.)

I like the for Monkeys.

We are Frog and Cow Academy, and my ds tells people all the time. I think we would get less strange looks if he just said home school

Guest Dulcimeramy
Whoops! Sorry all, I didn't realize this was a common strand. I didn't even think to search for it. :confused:

Oh, I didn't mean that you shouldn't have asked! I'm sure it is fun for us all to hear the new names each time.

When I homeschooled my now grown children (20 yrs ago:eek:), we had to take our son to the ER for a few stitches. When they asked him where he went to school he answered, "In the basement!":rolleyes:

So now I've decided to give our school a name (not required in OH) and we are Maple Hill School. We live on top of a hill and there is a HUGE maple tree in our backyard.