Menu

Trying out an iPhone

Dh replaced his Gen 3 with a Gen 4. I think his main reason was he didn't like the shape of the Gen 3. I've only had a Gen 1 and a Gen 4. I love my iPhone 4. :)

ha! It was funny. At the Apple store, I talked to other customers in line (I talk to everyone) and it's the shape, not the apps/gig that seems to drive some people. My dh actually bought me the Gen 4, but I perfer the look/feel of the 3, so went back. Funny.

The people helping me couldn't even help me. One was all about his 3, the other all about her 4.

I have a 3GS. As long as you're looking at a 3GS and not a 3G, there's not a lot of difference between them. The 4G does video better and can take video from both sides IIRC. Speed between a friend and I who tested them side-by-side was pretty much the same. The 3GS runs everything as well as the 4G from what I've been able to tell.

There aren't words to describe how much I love my iPhone.

Ok, dh says the resolution on the 4 is much better and it might have a faster processor. So it's the resolution and the shape, I guess. :)

I have the 3 now, after returning the 4 -- I have not decided yet--- but I don't notice a difference...(for shame, right? lol)

I have a brother who counts pixels, so I do understand how this would matter. I don't know that it matters for me..?

Oy. lol

I have a 3GS. As long as you're looking at a 3GS and not a 3G, there's not a lot of difference between them. The 4G does video better and can take video from both sides IIRC. Speed between a friend and I who tested them side-by-side was pretty much the same. The 3GS runs everything as well as the 4G from what I've been able to tell.

There aren't words to describe how much I love my iPhone.

Yes, it's the 3GS.

This is helpful.

I have the 3 now, after returning the 4 -- I have not decided yet--- but I don't notice a difference...(for shame, right? lol)

I have a brother who counts pixels, so I do understand how this would matter. I don't know that it matters for me..?

Oy. lol

Yeah, he notices these things much more than I do. :) I don't think you can go wrong with the 3.

I just got a 3G (or G3?) a few weeks ago. It's my first smart phone, and I am in love with it. We got it on sale because it's outdated and all; we would never have paid full price for the latest and greatest. Anyway, this device is just amazing to me. I can't get over it.

I have found my first desired app that the 3G can't do: A mirror. The 4G can function as a mirror because it has a camera facing you; the 3G doesn't and can't. Dang it.

But I still love this phone. My favorite apps: Nook, iTunes (for audiobooks and podcasts, which I listen to nonstop), and Pandora (radio, which I listen to nonstop when I'm not listening to audiobooks and podcasts). Oh, and we can access and use our home computers from away from home! And we can use the iphone as a remote control to control our stereo and TV! I have a Bible on it. I found a help-you-relax-and-fall-asleep app. I use the timer a lot (to time exercise, in the kitchen, piano practice). I love that it multi tasks. I just love this phone.

I have a 3GS, and have see no reason to pay $400 for a 4. My brother and his wife both have 4s. They bought them primarily to do 2-way picture calling, but that function has never worked on either of their phones. The Apple store couldn't figure out what was wrong. The camera is better on the 4, and I sometimes wish I had that feature, but I have a decent little Canon for taking pictures, so I don't need that feature most of the time. I like that my phone doesn't have as much glass as the 4. And, like you mentioned, I like the curviness of it in my hand. I won't be getting a 4 any time soon.

The difference in camera resolution and the enhanced processor speed where what sold me on the 4 over the 3.

:iagree:

I had a 3G and just upgraded to a 4. DH has a 3GS, he will upgrade to a 4 in a few months. The iPhone 4 camera is a massive improvement on the 3GS, plus it has a flash which also works as a flashlight. I guess it depends on whether you take many photos on your phone, I didn't with the 3G, but with this one, I can leave the SLR at home sometimes. And the Hipstamatic photos on it are outstanding.