Menu

Blood type diet

My MIL and FIL follow it religiously...except when they don't. Coffee and mixed drinks are all avoids for them - they're O and A - but they just "avoid" thinking about their daily transgressions! If people think they feel better, go for it!

I promise I won't comment on his "science!" Ooops... :001_smile:

No need to comment on his science. We know it's dodgy :)

Well I'm just back from the library with a few books on Ayurvedic-ness, and one on the Genotype diet. Doesn't that sound like a fun read? Unfortunately, instead of starting on these goodies, I have to finish knitting my square. If you don't hear from me again, I've used the needles to get myself hospitalised.

Rosie

No need to comment on his science. We know it's dodgy :)

Well I'm just back from the library with a few books on Ayurvedic-ness, and one on the Genotype diet. Doesn't that sound like a fun read? Unfortunately, instead of starting on these goodies, I have to finish knitting my square. If you don't hear from me again, I've used the needles to get myself hospitalised.

Rosie

Ahem ahem. Me thinks you picked up something else as well from the library. :D (walks away whistling) :tongue_smilie:

Ahem ahem. Me thinks you picked up something else as well from the library. :D (walks away whistling) :tongue_smilie:

I suppose I can make a Cuban music dvd relevant to this thread if I think about appropriate snacks to eat while watching...

*snort* at Jean

Rosie

I suppose I can make a Cuban music dvd relevant to this thread if I think about appropriate snacks to eat while watching...

*snort* at Jean

Rosie

Why, black beans and rice of course!! :) Or some tostones :drool5: or some yuca :drool5: :drool5: or some platano maduro or some pasteles de guava y queso :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Ay, I wanna eat now! lol

Why, black beans and rice of course!! :) Or some tostones :drool5: or some yuca :drool5: :drool5: or some platano maduro or some pasteles de guava y queso :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Ay, I wanna eat now! lol

Cheeky girl. You know I don't know what tostones, platano maduro and pasteles de guava y queso are. :angry:

Lol,

Rosie

Cheeky girl. You know I don't know what tostones, platano maduro and pasteles de guava y queso are. :angry:

Lol,

Rosie

LOL Actually I just realized I wrote "pasteles de guava y queso" in Spanglish! lol It should be guayaba. :D

Tostones~ fried green plantains

IMG_1173.jpg

Maduros~ Fried sweet plantains

maduros.jpg

Pasteles de guayaba y queso~ Guava and cheese pastries. :drool5:

pastelesdeguyabayqueso.jpg

Mmm. I love fried sweet plantains. We have them in Filipino food too. (Of course they have a lot of Spanish food mixed in with Asian. . . )

They're so good aren't they? Do you have tostones in Filipino food too? They are soooooo gooooood. I tell my dd they're Cuban french fries. :D hehe

I agree Rosie, but it doesn't look especially healthy :) Delicious though! (I have a weakness for fried food!)

For the record, the yuca is not fried. :) It's boiled in water with salt and some red onion. Then I drain it and heat up some olive oil and garlic and pour it over the yuca and add a little more salt and pepper. I made that for breakfast this morning with eggs and link sausages. I made the eggs on the soft side so you can break the yolk over the yuca... yummy. :drool5:

• 3 weeks later...
I've started reading the upgrade to the blood type diet. This is the Geno type Diet! And guess what! There are SIX of them!

Spiffy huh?

Rosie

What is the Geno Type diet?? Never heard of it? Is it by the same author and he just expanded his theory? It sounds intriguing! :) I'm all ears. :bigear:

Well, this is only anecdotal, but here's my imput. According to the Wikipedia article on The Blood Type Diet (not having read the book myself):

Blood group B is, according to D'Adamo, the nomad, associated with a strong immune system and a flexible digestive system. The blood type diet claims that people of blood type B are the only ones who can thrive on dairy products and estimates blood type B arrived 10,000 years ago.

I'm type B, and absolutely CANNOT tolerate (and certainly not thrive on) dairy products. In fact, my entire family is Type B, and none of them can do dairy.

Also, type B is told to avoid lentils, shellfish, chicken, and nuts... All food that I do thrive on. In fact, looking at this chart, I'd say that I couldn't commit to or even try out this diet! It advocates pineapple (allergic to it), and takes away buckwheat, rye, olives, avocados, almonds, pork-- all my favorite foods!

FWIW, I feel best when I eat a "food combining" type diet. Also rather hooey science, but it works for me. :lol: I've lost and maintained my ideal weight by following the guidelines in Fit For Life, or other food combining cookbooks/books. (The Ten Talents is a good vegan cookbook.) We certainly are all different!

Edited by Medieval Mom

What is the Geno Type diet?? Never heard of it? Is it by the same author and he just expanded his theory? It sounds intriguing! :) I'm all ears. :bigear:

An expanded theory. I can't tell you much about it because you have to be measured to find out if your torso or legs are longer and other exciting things like that, and I can't really do that myself properly. I'll have to wait until dh has time to get up close and personal with a measuring tape. :lol:

In the meantime, I've started The Serotonin Diet. It's directed towards those trying to lose weight, with special mention of those on anti-depressants. None of that applies to me. So I'm not getting much yet except a little confusion over some biochemistry (Oh Gretalynne! Apparently you can't make serotonin on your diet. Did you know that? :tongue_smilie:) I'm expecting to find something further in that will be useful to a girl with serotonin deficiency even if she isn't trying to lose weight and I'm hoping to reconcile what they are saying about serotonin manufacturing with other stuff I've read so I feel like it MAKES SENSE!

Rosie

An expanded theory. I can't tell you much about it because you have to be measured to find out if your torso or legs are longer and other exciting things like that, and I can't really do that myself properly. I'll have to wait until dh has time to get up close and personal with a measuring tape. :lol:

In the meantime, I've started The Serotonin Diet. It's directed towards those trying to lose weight, with special mention of those on anti-depressants. None of that applies to me. So I'm not getting much yet except a little confusion over some biochemistry (Oh Gretalynne! Apparently you can't make serotonin on your diet. Did you know that? :tongue_smilie:) I'm expecting to find something further in that will be useful to a girl with serotonin deficiency even if she isn't trying to lose weight and I'm hoping to reconcile what they are saying about serotonin manufacturing with other stuff I've read so I feel like it MAKES SENSE!

Rosie

Sounds like you have a lot of reading and research to do. :) I'm intrigued though about the body measurements. What is the author's theory about that??

Sounds like you have a lot of reading and research to do. :) I'm intrigued though about the body measurements. What is the author's theory about that??

Oh, it's about genes being linked together or something. The gene that makes this finger longer than that finger typically hangs out with the gene for making us have X disease. Like the arrangement that makes redheads always have pale skin. (Do they always have pale skin?)

I'm sure if I were properly awake I would have explained that more eloquently.

Rosie

Oh, it's about genes being linked together or something. The gene that makes this finger longer than that finger typically hangs out with the gene for making us have X disease. Like the arrangement that makes redheads always have pale skin. (Do they always have pale skin?)

I'm sure if I were properly awake I would have explained that more eloquently.

Rosie

hehehehe No worries, I understood you. It's an interesting idea. Kinda reminds me of phrenology for some reason. :D What does he say if you have a rain check for a pinky toe?? :D

Are you being funny? I told you I have no sense of humour. :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

hahahahaha Maybe facetious. Certainly not sarcastic. ;) I'm a tall girl as you know and so my feet are really long. My toes are longish as well except for the pinky toe. They're tiny on both feet. Actually, they're probably just a normal sized pinky toe for a small footed girl, but on my gunboat feet they're pigmy toes. :D

I am an O+ and I could absolutely live on a mostly meat diet. I don't eat very much as it is and when I do have an appetite it is alwmost always for meat. I frequently have meals of meat only, no sides. I also like healthy veggies but I am not a big carb addict. Bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, the rest of the family loves that stuff but me not so much. I also like nuts, berries, etc., a very paleo diet. I do have a occassional bouts of wanting chocolate, coffee or alcohol but certainly not an everyday thing.