Menu

Good preschooler computer games?

Are there any good, simple, edutainment choices for a 4/5 year old? Nothing with crazy graphics or noise (um, for my sake, mostly) or that would take long sessions, but some simple games, maybe?

4.5yo ds is very interested in the computer since he sees the big ones typing schoolwork and taking online courses now, and I'm hoping to find something age appropriate that he can do once a week or so.

Thanks!

Are there any good, simple, edutainment choices for a 4/5 year old? Nothing with crazy graphics or noise (um, for my sake, mostly) or that would take long sessions, but some simple games, maybe?

4.5yo ds is very interested in the computer since he sees the big ones typing schoolwork and taking online courses now, and I'm hoping to find something age appropriate that he can do once a week or so.

Thanks!

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo is a great logic workout for this age. And the next level in the series, Freddie Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds is also a fun option. I think they are from Humongous Entertainment. And I saw them on clearance sale at Target today.

Also, I'm not sure it's been mentioned already, but Starfall.com has some good stuff, as well BBC preschool. I like the BBC Scotland stuff best.

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo is a great logic workout for this age. And the next level in the series, Freddie Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds is also a fun option.

OK, I just had to add - we had Freddie Fish a looooooooong time ago (in the late 90s?) and my dh and I are STILL quoting that game. Do you remember the pirate song?

"There's just one word that says it all - AAAAAARGH!"

Sad but true. Back to the regular topic :)

OK, I just had to add - we had Freddie Fish a looooooooong time ago (in the late 90s?) and my dh and I are STILL quoting that game. Do you remember the pirate song?

"There's just one word that says it all - AAAAAARGH!"

Sad but true. Back to the regular topic :)

Yes, this is our second "round" with Freddy. Ten years ago he was a huge hit with the big kids. Ah, nostalgia!

LOL

And in Putt Putt, there's the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo song that goes something like,

We are the Topiary Creatures,

We're very pleased to meet-cha

Senor's and senorita's too.

Uh, the animals we feature

(You know would never eat-cha)

Will seem so very sweet to you.

(chorus)

Welcome to the zoo, zoo, zoo

With the kangaroo's, roo's, roo's

And the tigers too, too, too

Welcome to the zoo-zoo-zoo.

We are the Topiary Creatures,

We're early Multimedia,

So our lips don't have to move exact.

But our director, Sammy,

Says we could win a Grammy

If we let you interact.

And I can't remember the last verse, but it always makes me laugh. Something about how they haven't written this verse yet, but now that they've tried it, it sounds so much better than when they sang, "Weh, weh, weh." Anyway. Cute and funny.