Menu

What is the Best Stroller to Buy?

I have a Peg Perego Pramette but I have used it alot and I need a new stroller. My frame on my pramette became worn after three and half years use and one of the screws is striped so I need a new stroller. I wants something that will last. I am looking at Bugaboo or Phil and Ted Explorer Double. Can you tell what strollers you love and why. Thanks so much! Susan

Do you have a price range? Are you needing a double or a single?

My favorite is the City Select because of how versatile it is. Here's the manufacturer's website. They also have a lifetime warranty, which I find very appealing.

I like that it's not huge even though it can accommodate 2 kids and that the second child doesn't have to sit almost underneath the first, like in the Phil & Teds models. My kids would never have liked having a seat right on top of their heads. I also like that you can click most infant seats into it and that you can choose which direction the seats face- I like having baby facing me when I'm not able to carry them in a sling, but that's just my preference.

Both seats also fully recline, so you can put a baby in from birth. I believe the weight limit per seat is 45lbs so even my 4yo can sit in it if we're doing a lot of walking. Dh and I are also really impressed with how easy this stroller is to use- the seats come off and on with ease, and there's no struggling with it whatsoever. We've been very pleased with this stroller.

Edited by plain jane

We love our Phil and Teds sport buggy with the doubles kit. Here's why:

1. It pushes like a dream. It glides. Sometimes so much so that it rolls away from you so you have to hang onto it.

2. Love the roominess and configurations. If you have a newborn there's a configuration where you slip baby, completely reclined, in the back. You can see them and keep an eye. Plus strangers aren't trying to touch baby cause they can't see her.

We just got back from Disney and my 3 and 6 year olds rode all the time. They both love the back and sit back there throughout the day. If you only have one child with you, the double seat is great for a shopping basket.

We've never had any issues with ours and we've had it for nearly 4 years. Oh and there's also a strap coming from the handle of the stroller and it's perfect for my 6 year old to hold onto while walking through crowds so that she's not separated.

My only wish for this stroller is cup holders.

Chariot Carriers - http://www.chariotcarriers.com/english/html/index.php. The best stroller out there. We are selling ours this spring and I want to cry. Even DS is upset as he so loved this stroller. We got ours at REI on sale. Often you can find them on Craigslist.

If you want something smaller, I agree with NayfiesMama - Maclarens are great.

We love our Phil and Teds sport buggy with the doubles kit. Here's why:

1. It pushes like a dream. It glides. Sometimes so much so that it rolls away from you so you have to hang onto it.

2. Love the roominess and configurations. If you have a newborn there's a configuration where you slip baby, completely reclined, in the back. You can see them and keep an eye. Plus strangers aren't trying to touch baby cause they can't see her.

We just got back from Disney and my 3 and 6 year olds rode all the time. They both love the back and sit back there throughout the day. If you only have one child with you, the double seat is great for a shopping basket.

We've never had any issues with ours and we've had it for nearly 4 years. Oh and there's also a strap coming from the handle of the stroller and it's perfect for my 6 year old to hold onto while walking through crowds so that she's not separated.

My only wish for this stroller is cup holders.

:iagree: We have the same stroller and used it almost every day for 4 years. I was actually just thinking it is probably time to get rid of it since neither of the kids needs a stroller anymore but I'm not sure I can part with it.

eta: We have a single Maclaren (triumph) that is also great. I keep it in the car for the times we wind up stopping off somewhere unexpectedly and someone needs to ride a bit.

Edited by Cera

I've been using my Phil & Ted's since 2003. My kids love the configuration and actually argue who gets to go in the back seat. I love the high weight limit because sometimes my 6yo who has asthma needs to hop in the back seat if he is tired or is having trouble keeping up.

It is the one stroller I am not allowed to sell (per my DH). I also have an ABC double with extra 3rd seat add on which I am also not allowed to sell, several peg perego singles, and a Maclaren single in Lulu scotty dog pattern that I am not allowed to sell (per kids this time).

I love http://www.maclarenbaby.com/. I had one for my son, which I used occasionally when he was young... and then a ton when he outgrew the sling.... It would still be good... if it didn't get stained on the top from being out in the rain..... I finally am ready to part with it :(

Same here. We bought the Quest over 6 years ago when our oldest was about 8 mos old. It is still our most used stroller and it in great condition. We bought a last year's model when the new line came out (still new but colors and patterns had changed) for half price. Best baby buy to date in our house.

What a surprise - almost everybody agrees!!

I also would add my vote for a Mclaren if you need it for just 1, or Phil and Teds with the doubles kit for 2. I have both, and have used them both for YEARS and so far they have served me well for 4 children.