Menu

How many of you are using Elemental Science?

mom2denj

Do you love it? I am very intersted in using this for my upcoming K'er. It looks like there is lots of hands on. She loves anything hands on. I am thinking about using it slowly for K and 1st. Is anyone doing this?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this, good or bad.

Thanks!

We're using Biology right now, and we love it. I love that it's so easy to implement. Dd loves the experiments, projects, and filling out her book. So far, I've been pleased with the resources, though I have included other resources for topics dd was most interested in. I love that Paige is a board member here and that she answers questions so quickly on her own email list. I've used SL science and the science scheduled in HOD before, but I much, much prefer Elemental Science. Our co-op plans to do science together next year (something other than Elemental), and I already know I'll want to do additional science at home via Elemental Science so dd doesn't miss out on the progression of this curriculum.

We're using Earth Science & Astronomy with a 1st and 3rd grader and totally enjoy it. Love the layout/pace. The books are geared toward the younger range, so I sometimes supplement for my 3rd grader, but it is easy to do. :001_smile:

:iagree:

We're using it too with my 1st grader.

I decided to start the intro. level two weeks ago for K and then we'll probably do Biology. The pros include the two-day schedule option, book recommendations, hands-on experiments, and the tie-in with Comstock's nature study. I don't care for the weekly coloring sheets, but I don't like to color! Oh, and I've passed K, so I don't think they're aimed at me! :). AND the PRICE - forgot to mention that!

Edited by Mrs_JWM
edited to add price info.

We were using Apologia Land Animals for my 5th grader and 1 st grader but decided recently to get Elemental Science for my 1st grader..I think she would get much more out of the shorter, gentle lessons...Apologia was just too much information for her to really grasp.

I really liked the Biology and Chemistry, and I planned to use Sonlight Science K first, but now I am wondering about Intro to Science, so I am bumping it to get more responses from those using the Intro to Science. What kind of experiments/projects are there?

I was also wondering what Exploring Science is going to be? Paige, are you there?

Yup, I'm here.

Exploring Science will be a discovery/observation based program, focusing on using demonstrations & projects to introduce science. Right now I'm thinking that there will be a coloring book to go along with it for the student, but I'm not sure if it'll be more than that. That's about all the info I can give for now ;).

As for Intro, the experiments come from More Mudpies & Magnets. For the most part they are easy to do, some of the materials can be difficult to find, but we've created kits to help out with that. If you've got more questions, let me know :).

As for Intro, the experiments come from More Mudpies & Magnets. For the most part they are easy to do, some of the materials can be difficult to find, but we've created kits to help out with that. If you've got more questions, let me know :).

Will you be putting together kits for other levels? I am eyeing Biology right now.