Menu

laminating?

MeganW

I also have that laminator. It was $15 on Amazon's Deal of the Day back in December. The pouches are cheap at Sam's, as mentioned. I've been very pleased with the quality of the lamination!

For a large amount that you want done on a big laminator, teacher supply stores often have laminating services. I don't know what it costs though. I know my church had to use that method when we didn't have a building yet (and thus didn't have a big laminator yet). I just don't know how the cost would compare to the home laminator (which is very easy to use - just stick a whole page in a pouch and run it through - quick and easy).

Also, check with your local school district or region. Mine allows homeschoolers to use the district's teaching and learning academy where they have a laminator, comb binder, ellison die cut machine, and a resource library with a photocopier. There is a cost for laminating, comb binding, and copying, but it's MUCH less than a teaching store charges. When I was in TX, they had regional service centers that were similar, but covered a whole area, and were open to the public.

I've got this laminator, and I buy pouches at Sam's Club (they're around $20 for 200 pouches).

:iagree:I also have this laminator, got it real cheap on amazon when it was the deal of the day. It has more than paid for itself! ;)

Sometimes the pouches are cheaper at amazon, but sometimes I can get a better deal at costco.

I've got this laminator, and I buy pouches at Sam's Club (they're around $20 for 200 pouches).

I have a similar laminator, and love it. Mine is Duck brand, and I think it was the predecessor to the one in the link above. I got it at Wal-Mart for $20 and buy pouches there or at Target. The biggest key with mine is to make sure to let it warm up sufficiently before running the first pouch through. I also think getting the smaller pouches is a good idea because as mentioned the corners are pretty sharp if you don't round them.

I bought a laminator for around $20 at Walmart, and bought pouches on sale at Amazon. We use Veritas History and Bible cards, so I've laminated several hundred. I borrowed a heavy duty paper cutter since the cards were laminated 2 per pouch. It was time consuming, but worth protecting the investment. My kids love the cards!

How many cards are there?

I'm doing CC in the fall. Everyone here puts the cards in page protectors in a little notebook for each subject. I really like that idea and it seems cheaper (and way less time) then laminating them all.

Do you mean the big VP cards (timeline)? Or the CC cards (their other memory work, which is by subject)? That's a great idea to use little notebooks, if you can find the right size. I may have to go measure...

Do you mean the big VP cards (timeline)? Or the CC cards (their other memory work, which is by subject)? That's a great idea to use little notebooks, if you can find the right size. I may have to go measure...

I have no clue! LOL I've seen a few of the cards in person, but not all of them. They looked all the same size to me? However, I've only seen the history cards and science cards and those were in binders.

I don't know where they got their binders from, but I'll have to ask. I saw the tutor using one in class when we visited, and there was a couple being passed around during the infor meeting. They looked like either recipe card binders or little photo album binders?

What other CC cards are there? The memory flashcards come already laminated, right?

I have no clue! LOL I've seen a few of the cards in person, but not all of them. They looked all the same size to me? However, I've only seen the history cards and science cards and those were in binders.

I don't know where they got their binders from, but I'll have to ask. I saw the tutor using one in class when we visited, and there was a couple being passed around during the infor meeting. They looked like either recipe card binders or little photo album binders?

What other CC cards are there? The memory flashcards come already laminated, right?

They use Veritas Press's cards for the timeline, and those are maybe 1/2 of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

http://www.veritaspress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=000100

CC's inhouse memory flashcards (that are used for everything else like the history sentences, science, math, English grammar, Latin, geography, etc.) are much smaller.