Menu

Something I thought I would NEVER, ever have to say to ANYONE...

but I had to say it today to my 7 year old...

Me: "what are you doing"

Him: "I was just grooming the cat...like the other cat does?"

Me (and older ds at the same time): YOU.LICKED.THE.CAT???????????????????????:001_huh::confused::blink::eek::ack2:

Him: But...I was GROOMING him, mom.

Me: Son, the cat can lick the other cat because he is a CAT. You are NOT a cat. PLEASE, don't ever lick a random animal ever again!

Now I am just :confused::leaving:WHY is this the sort of thing I actually need to tell my child NOT to do?????:svengo:

Now I am just :confused::leaving:WHY is this the sort of thing I actually need to tell my child NOT to do?????:svengo:

Because kids get confused. My mom told me that our cat licking me was like her giving me kisses. I was trying to communicate with her language.

I can still taste her fur.

It tasted soft.

But I was a strange kid too. :D

:w00t:

Sort of what it says on my 'Please Don't Eat The Daisies' blog:

I spend my day remembering to tell my children what not to do. Usually something completely unimaginable and outrageously unfathomable

Perhaps I won't post the step by step photos of the yellow rice with beans recipe -- perhaps I will ask folks to comment on what they had to tell their children not to do that they DID NOT EVER THINK they would have to tell their children NOT to do.;)