Menu

Is anyone absolutely flabbergasted at the number of members on this forum?

Yes - I've gotten so used to nearly instant answers it's very hard to go on other forums. That's why I keep coming back.

The combined wisdom of 1,000+ moms and a few dads all intent on giving their children the best education is a miraculous and humbling thing. I disagree with many people here on many issues, but I know whatever I'm facing today...someone else here has faced and will help me with.

One time I clicked on a thread to reply to it, but before I did, I walked away to do a couple things. I came back and posted my reply only to find out that in the short time between clicking on the thread and posting my reply, the thread had grown to a couple pages. Yikes. :)

I know the potential is there, but it is highly unlikely.

So many people join, post once then disappear. If you go to the members list you'll get 517 pages of members, but after page 168 there a 349 pages of people with 10 posts or less. 234 pages of members with only one post. There isn't that many newbies.

Still there is a good number of people here at any given time on any given day. One can usually receive some kind of feedback within 10-15 minutes.

I don't remember when I started coming here, but it was years before the V-bulletin format. In those days you could easily keep up with the high school board by checking in every two to three weeks. And, in the past few months, readership at the HS board seems to have increased a lot. I used to check the K-8 board 2-3 times a week, and this one every day or so.

I sometimes feel like I don't have the overall sense of what's happening here anymore, but OTOH, I don't miss the trolls--and there were some doozies in the days when you didn't have to register to post. :tongue_smilie: It's great to have access to a variety of opinions. I never buy an appliance without consulting the Hive first.

Edited by Martha in NM
need that second coffee...