Menu

Favorite ABC books for 2 year olds?

mindygz

There's Curious George Learns The Alphabet (which is very cute, the Man in the Yellow Hat gives George a reading lesson and starts by teaching him all the letters of the alphabet- capital and lowercase- he draws each letter for him and then makes it look like some sort of object or animal. The description on that page will include lots of words with that particular letter. In between, it will tell a little bit of a 'normal' Curious George story, like what he's doing when they take a break from their reading lesson and so on).

And there's Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book (which I also love, that one's very cute, too).

Edited by NanceXToo

We love most of the above. And we have another sweet favorite: A You're Adorable - this is a song we sang to our munchkin, and finding it in a board book was very special. It was a first birthday gift that he - still, at 6 - pulls out for snuggle time. It's available on Amazon.

:iagree: These are our favorite too!

We hadn't even actually READ the Curious George one until last night, and I just might buy it myself (it was a library book). It's really cute.

I edited my original reply to tell more about it, but not sure if you'll check back on posts you've already read, so I'll add here:

It does capital AND lowercase letters of the alphabet, it blends a bit of a 'regular' Curious George story in with him learning all these letters. The man in the yellow hat teaches him the letters by drawing them for him and making them look like animals and objects (really cute pictures), and then that each page will use lots of words containing that particular letter. And in between him learning these letters, they'll take little breaks for George to do his normal monkey stuff. :) I really liked it.