Menu

Kids bed sets in queen size?

I know this is a long shot but...

Does anyone know where I can find kids bed sets in queen size? Specifically, I'd love to find Toy Story, How To Train a Dragon, Spiderman, Cars.... DD and I co-sleep, and since we are getting a new bed next week I thought it'd be nice to get a new bedding set and let her pick it out. She'll be happy to pick something out of the adult section (as long as she can find something green! :D) but she'd really, really love to have one of those characters. I'm thinking it's not going to happen, and honestly would go with a full if I were purchasing, but the bed was a gift to us (and what a generous gift - queen mattress with mattress pad and box spring! Much better than the twin sized mattress on the floor we were using... :glare:)

I've never seen licensed character sheets in a size larger than full. Even so, I stopped buying them because the fabric tends to be too rough due to the low thread count. If you wanted, you could buy the fabric and sew your own sheets. Sheets are pretty easy to make. If you are looking for something fun, JCPenney has a variety of polka-dotted, striped, and paisley printed sheets in all sizes. I have been meaning to go back and pick up a set for my DD, who has a queen bed in her room. I just looked it up. You can search for 200TC Classic Queen Sheet Set on the jcp.com site. I'd link, but I used the mobile site (I'm on my iPhone). HTH

I've never seen licensed character sheets in a size larger than full. Even so, I stopped buying them because the fabric tends to be too rough due to the low thread count. If you wanted, you could buy the fabric and sew your own sheets. Sheets are pretty easy to make. If you are looking for something fun, JCPenney has a variety of polka-dotted, striped, and paisley printed sheets in all sizes. I have been meaning to go back and pick up a set for my DD, who has a queen bed in her room. I just looked it up. You can search for 200TC Classic Queen Sheet Set on the jcp.com site. I'd link, but I used the mobile site (I'm on my iPhone). HTH

I've considered sewing my own (or more realistically, getting someone to sew some for me), but was hoping to find some ready to go! :tongue_smilie: But I'll definitely check out JCP, we need new sheets even if we can't find character ones!

Maybe you could use non-themed fitted/flat sheets paired with the theme pillowcases, etc. ? That would make it easy to change the look of the room as interests change in the future, too.

Maybe the sheets on ebay, with some toy story pillowcases, and a solid color bed spread would work. At least it'll be easier to hide that I'm sleeping in a toy story bed if we have visitors... :D

Yes, and really the themed are just so "cheap" feeling.... But you could handle them on a pillow... OR, you could buy a yard of the fabric and make pillow cases, or sew an end piece to the pillow case :)

You're a sweetie for doing that!! We no longer co-sleep... but..... my son doesn't comprehend that... so HE co-sleeps with US :) I explained that the dog could sleep in his room... but he wants a human hand to hold while he's sleeping :) I told him that he couldn't sleep with us when he was in college... and he asked... seriously... "Why Not?".... I'm hoping someday... he'll wanna sleep on his own... without us having to kick him out of bed :)

I'll definitely check out JCP, we need new sheets even if we can't find character ones!

Target also has a line of brightly colored, solid polka dot bedding. It's located on the back wall (partition) in our stores, not on the shelving unit with the other sheets. Very cute. They're a higher thread count, and 100% cotton, so they're much more comfortable than the cheap-o character sheets.

I don't know if you'll be able to find just pillowcases in the licensed patterns. They always seem to come in sheet sets. I don't know though. You might be able to find them on clearance somewhere. Hmmmm.

I just had a thought. Does the Disney store sell bedding? If they do, they might make the larger sizes.

• 11 months later...