Menu

Frosting a camoflage cake?

I've done it using different colors of browns and greens and using a star tip on a decorating bag, so the whole cake was iced in small icing "stars", but in a camouflage pattern.

You could also try icing it in a base color, and then using brown, green, and black wilton spray icing colors.

Here's my pic from last year. The frosting was a little fluffy, which is why is looks a little weird. But ds thought it was fabulous; he thinks I'm the best mom in the world, lol.

I made vanilla and chocolate frosting, and then blended the two for light brown, and tinted the rest of the vanilla green. I have a note that I should use dye paste in the future to make the green more vibrant.

IMG_6812a_1.jpg

Marble cake mix, with part of the white cake dyed green.

IMG_6816a_1.jpg

I made vanilla and chocolate frosting, and then blended the two for light brown, and tinted the rest of the vanilla green.

Marble cake mix, with part of the white cake dyed green.

You might have just saved me. :D

I went to the store today and found black food color and green food color. But do you think I could find a camo green, a brown, or a tan? Did it occur to me that I could blend vanilla with chocolate or chocolate with green to come up with the other colors? Nope.

THANK YOU!!

I'm definitely no pro, but I thank everyone for the suggestions! Thankfully he is a great 6yo boy and he'll just be happy if it's remotely camo looking! :D You have to love little boys!