Menu

Pix of my kids: Co-op Christmas Ball - 18th Century --

And, a happy less than a week till Christmas to everyone! We are back from NJ ( a sad trip BUT all went as scheduled and I think that my daughter and her husband will be able to move along in the grieving process). We drove straight through Friday afternoon to Morris County, NJ and with traffic it took us 7 hours - :scared:

We left NJ on Saturday afternoon at 2:30pm and arrived back here at 7:30pm -- no traffic, smooth sailing.;) Praise G-d!

Sunday evening, our homeschool co-op was having their monthly potluck combined with an 18th century Christmas Dance - a couple of the families took training as 'dance callers' (a booming profession down here btw) and it was so much fun -- the kids (there were about 25 kids from co-op there) literally danced all night (two of them had taken the training with their parents). From 5:30 till we left at 9pm, those kids organized and called line dances and had such a great time.

Here are two photos (I hope) of my three in their garb -- well the girls are. DS' costume was my next project when everything happened with my daughter Stacey and DS' costume fell by the wayside. He told everyone he was wearing 20th century dress.;)

post-10544-13535084250945_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084251314_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084250945_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535084251314_thumb.jpg

Oh! So beautiful - you did a lovely job on the gowns...and the 2oth century dress is excellent as well :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Michele

wish I could dress like that for a ball!

Thank you - my original plan had been for all five of us to dress up but that didn't happen.:001_smile:

Neat! Do you did make their costumes?

Thank you! -- The pale blue costume was custom made a couple of years ago for a 'dolly madison' presentation - a woman on ebay made it for me - we have used that costume alot. In fact, CADAM on this board has used it - I mailed to her and her dd wore it.:D The white dress was purchased on ebay for $19.99 (can you believe it?) The red bows were already on the lower portion of the dress, I added red satin straps and pinned up the skirt so it wasn't too long. I 'can' sew but I tend to pin and glue.:glare:

Glad you got home safe and sound. The dance sounds marvelous and the costumes are wonderful. Sounds like a really fun way to spend an evening.
You know, Kathleen, it was! DH and I were smiling the entire night - it was such fun to watch a bunch of kids ('weird homeschooled kids,' y'know ;)) having such a wonderful time -- they LOVED doing these dances. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you and your family!:grouphug:

I've been wondering how you, and all, are doing. I'm glad you're back and NOT surprised the traffic kept you so long! I think it took us 8 hours to get to DC from NJ.

Anyway, the girl's dresses are SO pretty! Did you make them? Your kids are GORGEOUS, Mariann, and I think your son looks like a doll! Don't tell him I said that, but he's just a doll! :001_smile:

Beautiful!! I love the pictures!!

Thank you -- and I want you to know I am trying your eczema remedy for DS -- he has just two spots on his hands but I read your thread all the way through last night.:)

I've been wondering how you, and all, are doing. I'm glad you're back and NOT surprised the traffic kept you so long! I think it took us 8 hours to get to DC from NJ.

Anyway, the girl's dresses are SO pretty! Did you make them? Your kids are GORGEOUS, Mariann, and I think your son looks like a doll! Don't tell him I said that, but he's just a doll! :001_smile:

Awwwwww, thanks, Denise. The dresses were not made by me (as I said earlier, I CAN sew, but I tend to pin and glue ;)) -- the white one was an auction I won on ebay and I added the straps and pulled up the hem. The light blue was custom made for me by someone on ebay a couple of years ago......and it was used by Cadam's daughter about a year ago - her dd needed a colonial outfit, and the outfit was shipped back and forth. :) And, I will NOT tell ds what you said --- all last night, females were approaching me about what a 'charmer' he is :glare: - good thing we have an unlisted phone #. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your family, Denise.:grouphug: And, we made it through, I guess, and now it's time for the healing. :grouphug:

And, we made it through, I guess, and now it's time for the healing. :grouphug:[/color]

:sad::sad::sad:

Mariann, it's going to be so difficult for all of you to get through the next couple of weeks. It's a blessing to have to continue on for the rest of the kids. I'm really struggling since Thanksgiving and I really didn't expect this. BUT, because of my younger kids, I force myself to do all I have done to get through the holidays, and I know all of you will do the same.

I'm really sorry for your loss!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:D

Hey, Imp -- Still praying for you! Hoping that you will be chewing your meals and not drinking them. :grouphug::grouphug:

Your kids are GORGEOUS, Mariann -- and so photogenic, too!

When we were younger and had pictures taken together, it seemed like my eyes were always closed and my brother had that "deer in the headlights" look.

Cat

Oh, Cat -- Thank you so much. We typically have dd10 doing 'something' weird. It's nothing short of a miracle that we were able to get the photo that we did -- the 'replace battery' was blinking and we didn't have any others.:D

How cool! They are soo cute!
Thank you - thank you!:)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well! Your family has been in my prayers!

The kids look wonderful! I can't believe how much older Madison looks! Jackson loved looking at the pictures! Tell them he said hello!

Hope your family has a beautiful blessed Christmas!

I will tell her -- I love your new photo! Would you please PM me your address? I lost it and I 'am' going to send out New Years cards (really, I am -- have it all ordered). thank you and hugs to your family and your mom and dad!

They all look adorable. I'm glad you all are home safe and sound.
Thank you so much.:grouphug:

I'm glad you had a safe trip. The dance sounds delightful, and the costumes are adorable. Cute kids! I agree, your son is a doll. I bet he will have all the girls crazy about him.
Thank you! Yes, the girls all love him, and fortunately, right now, he isn't impressed with that. I love your holiday-ish avatar.

And, we made it through, I guess, and now it's time for the healing. [/color]

Mariann, it's going to be so difficult for all of you to get through the next couple of weeks. It's a blessing to have to continue on for the rest of the kids. I'm really struggling since Thanksgiving and I really didn't expect this. BUT, because of my younger kids, I force myself to do all I have done to get through the holidays, and I know all of you will do the same.

I'm really sorry for your loss!:grouphug::grouphug:

(((((HUGS)))))

Thank you so much!!!!