Menu

Does everyone take a multivitamin AND seperate supplements?

I take Rainbow Light Just Once Multivitamin, from Vitacost.

But I still seem to have to take other vitamins along with it. Dr. just prescribed Riboflavin and Folic acid.

On top of this I take

2000 IU of Vitamin D

1000 of Vitamin C

Omega 3/6/9 with flaxseed oil

B12

COQ10

Garlic

Is this normal to take all this extra? I feel like why should I bother with the multivitamin then?

Hmmmm?????

I haven't been prescribed anything or recommended anything by a doctor, but lately I've been taking:

a multivitamin

a calcium chew (they taste good and since I'm on a diet, I figure they're good for me)

a chewable Vitamin C tablet (they taste good too lol)

and 1 or 2 biotin tablets a day (because my hair seems so thin and my nails were always very weak and it's supposed to be good for hair, skin and nails).

Edited by NanceXToo

Okay, I thought I was the only one!!

I was "prescribed" Riboflavin and Folic Acid because my insurance will pay for OTC medicines. And I have these sores on the side of each side of my mouth and my Dr feels I am deficient in those vitamins.

Okay, so I guess I will keep doing what I am doing.

My husband and kids laugh at me because every week I fill my pill box with all my vitamins and prescriptions(I am on 4 scripts, 2 for BP, one for IBS, one for depression).

Thank you:D :grouphug:

Guest momk2000

I have been taking:

-Nature Made Multi for Her (has 1000 of D in it) &

-Nature Made Calcium Magnesium Zinc with D3 (I take one of these in the AM and 2 at dinnertime).

-I used to take fish oil (started to have trouble swallowing the pills) and plan to try adding that back in again.

But I still seem to have to take other vitamins along with it. Dr. just prescribed Riboflavin and Folic acid.

On top of this I take

2000 IU of Vitamin D

1000 of Vitamin C

B12

COQ10

Garlic

Is this normal to take all this extra? I feel like why should I bother with the multivitamin then?

Hmmmm?????

I take NSI Synergy Once Daily by Vitacost as it has the D3, B12, CoQ10 already in it. It also has some vitamin C in there. In addition, I take probiotics and NSI fish oil

Wow. Y'all are putting me to shame. I have a bottle of multivitamins and sometimes even remember to take one. Usually about 4 or 5 times a month. I also have a box of calcium chews. Hmm, need to check the expiration on those. I have very good intentions about taking vitamins, but, well you know how good intentions are. Please tell me I'm not the only one?!!

On top of this I take

2000 IU of Vitamin D

1000 of Vitamin C

B12

COQ10

Garlic

Hmmmm?????

Yes, it's normal. I take a multi-vitamin and several supplements...more than above. HTH. Sheryl <><