Menu

$10 off $10 purchase JCPenney.com

Code is GIVEJOY and if you have it shipped to the store, there is no charge for shipping. It was a little hard going on the website (must be lots of traffic). I finally called the toll free number (that took a few times too) and place my order. 2 Tshirts for $1 though! :)

I ordered some towels. Took FOREVER! I kept getting error messages, and I never did get a page that said "Thank you for your order!" But after a few seconds of giving up entirely I got a confirmation email. I sure hope they didn't actually send the order through every time I hit the "place order" button and got an error message. I called customer service to see if they had just one order and they did. Still....now I'm worried I've ordered 500 towels.:D

Kathleen, your tenacity helped! I was going to give up, but tried one more time and it finally went through. :party: I ordered a 10.00 necklace, had it shipped to the store, so it will be free! Here's the necklace I ordered. Would make a great gift...or a treat for yourself.

I ordered a set of towels that were marked down from $50 to $12.99 and had them sent to the store, too. Still had to pay $3.14, but that's not bad for a set of six towels that were originally $50. I'm glad you got your necklace!!:)

I ordered a set of towels that were marked down from $50 to $12.99 and had them sent to the store, too. Still had to pay $3.14, but that's not bad for a set of six towels that were originally $50. I'm glad you got your necklace!!:)

Wow, that's a wonderful deal. I love a good sale.

I finally got through to them on their toll free number (their website was impossible). The gentleman said that the code GIVEJOY will not work. He said it's something going around the internet and all orders placed with that code will be cancelled. I told him that others have had success using it and he said eventually those orders will be cancelled but he could give me a 20% off code. I went ahead and took it because it was something I was going to buy anyway.

I didn't think to ask him until after I hung up, why were others able to place their orders over the phone and use the code? Wouldn't the sales rep taking the order tell them the order will be cancelled?

I just spent 2 hours trying to get some nearly free binoculars. The website is hideously slow. The first pair wouldn't ship to the store. The second pair the GIVEJOY wouldn't apply. So I came back here thinking I wrote it wrong. Nope. Give it up and just try for that cute necklace that was linked...it's out of stock. :glare: Now I see the latest post. Aargh!! That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.:angry:

ETA: Frustrated with JCPenney...not with anyone in this thread. I always appreciate a heads-up on a good deal.

Well, I would love to know if JCP is really going to cancel all of those orders that used GIVEJOY. Seems like too much of a hassle to me (especially this time of year), and a lot of ticked off customers. But that's what the sales rep told me, and when I googled GIVEJOY a lot of other people were saying that they were told the same.

There were some conflicting stories though, some said their sales rep told them that someone hacked into their system and created GIVEJOY and others responded that their sales rep told them that too many people were getting free items. Mine just said that it's a fake promo code floating around the internet.

So now I'm curious, did anyone's order get cancelled?

Well, I would love to know if JCP is really going to cancel all of those orders that used GIVEJOY. Seems like too much of a hassle to me (especially this time of year), and a lot of ticked off customers. But that's what the sales rep told me, and when I googled GIVEJOY a lot of other people were saying that they were told the same.

There were some conflicting stories though, some said their sales rep told them that someone hacked into their system and created GIVEJOY and others responded that their sales rep told them that too many people were getting free items. Mine just said that it's a fake promo code floating around the internet.

So now I'm curious, did anyone's order get cancelled?

Mine is still processing...

I'm checking my order, it says "in process". We'll see what happens. I've spent a lot of money at JCP over the years, if it gets canceled I will be most unhappy and will let them know how I feel their "take joy" promotion. :glare:

I placed my order online.

ETA: There is a lot of chatter on their facebook page (feel for those employees today), if anyone wants to read more.

Edited by elegantlion

Well, if they did get hacked that's a shame. But if they just don't want to honor their coupon code because they are losing money, well, that's different. They will need to decide which will cost more: fulfilling all those orders for free/nearly free items or losing a whole lot of customers.

My order says my item is in stock and can be picked up in 4-7 business days and that it is still processing. I'm hoping they figured the second option is the most expensive.

I finally got through to them on their toll free number (their website was impossible). The gentleman said that the code GIVEJOY will not work. He said it's something going around the internet and all orders placed with that code will be cancelled. I told him that others have had success using it and he said eventually those orders will be cancelled but he could give me a 20% off code. I went ahead and took it because it was something I was going to buy anyway.

I didn't think to ask him until after I hung up, why were others able to place their orders over the phone and use the code? Wouldn't the sales rep taking the order tell them the order will be cancelled?

Wow! I got through on the 800# last night and my order WAS placed with GIVEJOY and the rep never said a word about it. :confused:

Well, if they did get hacked that's a shame. But if they just don't want to honor their coupon code because they are losing money, well, that's different. They will need to decide which will cost more: fulfilling all those orders for free/nearly free items or losing a whole lot of customers.

My order says my item is in stock and can be picked up in 4-7 business days and that it is still processing. I'm hoping they figured the second option is the most expensive.

My thoughts exactly, especially just before Christmas! :glare:

I was looking through the thread at slick deals and a few people said that their orders have already been cancelled. I'm wondering though, did they cancel every order or only the people who tried to use the code more than once. Some people over there said they used in 10+ times! one person said they placed their 39th order! :001_huh:

Well, I still purchased some pants for my husband. They were on sale already and I received an additional 20% off so thank you!

I used the code 4RELVES today and I purchased a couple Paper Jamz and amps. The guitars ended up costing me only $11.99 each and the amps were $6 something a piece!

Edited by OleanderRain

I just looked at my order tracking again and I notice they changed the price of my item and reflected a 4.99 discount. It still show the total charge as 0.00. but with shipping and tax TBD (which was 0.00 last night) :glare: I didn't enter any CC info so they can't charge anything. We'll see if the order changes again. I have a copy of the original order in my e-mail.

I think JCP is very confused.

There was a deal at Target once turned about to be a computer glitch, and they issued store credit to everyone who had their order canceled. It was a nice compromise to a tough situation.

And it bugs me to no end when people abuse these deals by doing it 39 times and such. It's only going to hurt all of us in the long run.

I picked up my order yesterday. 0.00, love freebies. We have a distribution center in our city, so that probably made a difference in the timing.

I agree, I read a few places where people had tried to make an insane amount of orders, the highest I read was 31. :confused: