Menu

more bad medical news for me

SO I went to see the orthopedist after a bit over a month since he took off my walking boot. I have a fractured fibula in my ankle area. Anyway, I saw the xray today I have an easily visible gap in my bone slanting downwards. THe dr. says it has not healed hardly at all. I am back in a new boot after more than a month without it and he has ordered some type of electrical stimulation unit to induce bone growth. I am seeing him in another month and if that unit has done nothing, it will be surgery for me. That is really scary since I am also being worked up right now for why I got blood clots and when the hematologist office was taking out all those vials, my blood started clotting during the blood draw a few times. This was with me being on coumadin at a right level.

The set back is leaving me quite depressed because all of a sudden, all my health problems have gotten so much worse. It is hard for me to put on my compression stockings since the arthritis in my hands is hurting so much (another exacerbation).

Thanks for any prayers.

SO I went to see the orthopedist after a bit over a month since he took off my walking boot. I have a fractured fibula in my ankle area. Anyway, I saw the xray today I have an easily visible gap in my bone slanting downwards. THe dr. says it has not healed hardly at all. I am back in a new boot after more than a month without it and he has ordered some type of electrical stimulation unit to induce bone growth. I am seeing him in another month and if that unit has done nothing, it will be surgery for me. That is really scary since I am also being worked up right now for why I got blood clots and when the hematologist office was taking out all those vials, my blood started clotting during the blood draw a few times. This was with me being on coumadin at a right level.

The set back is leaving me quite depressed because all of a sudden, all my health problems have gotten so much worse. It is hard for me to put on my compression stockings since the arthritis in my hands is hurting so much (another exacerbation).

Thanks for any prayers.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I will be praying.

Thanks for any prayers.

:grouphug: So sorry. Prayers.

:grouphug: Praying for you...

Regarding the blood clotting: have they checked you for a Vitamin K "abnormality"?? Can't think of a better word right now...

My grandfather and father had something "wonky" with their Vitamin K level that caused blood clots. I can't remember the name of it right now...

I'm not sure what to recommend for the other problems, but as far the arthritis, a lot of people on the McDougall diet seem to get relief from their join pain. You may want to look into it.

Good luck on the rest. Depression resulting from medical problems makes a heavy load even heavier. :grouphug: