Menu

Mother's of lego maniacs please help me find....

A lego set with the most mini figures. Also, is there a freestyle set that comes with specialty parts like the contraptions book? DS #1 had so many cool pieces but sold them all a few years ago before baby boy was interested in legos. He made quite a bit of money selling groups of legos. Now I wish he hadn't for baby boy wants all sorts of pieces to add to his free style building.

Those pieces from contraptions are called Technic. You could get your child one or two Technic lego sets to get the pieces. I think they are mainly vehicle type sets.

As for mini figs - it would depend on the theme. Generally speaking though - the more mini-figs the more expensive the set.

I see at Lego.com they still have the series 2 minifigs available at $1.99 each - you do not get to pick or choose. At the Lego Stores you can build and purchase your own minifigs. They also have knight battle packs on lego.com for sale and $50 of community worker mini-figs! Another option would be to look at the magnets (again - packaged by themes) I believe they can be separated from the magnet brick and played with. You can find sets of just mini-figs at Lego-com under building accessories.

Please call the lego store first and ask about the pieces you want - we went to Legoland in California and my kids were looking forward to getting body parts and wheels from the bulk bins. There were neither (and not that we couldn't find them - the cashier said they didn't have any - i've heard the bulk bins often rotate, so sometimes they have those things and sometimes they don't). I know there are online sellers who sell parts. I had a friend who bought a bag of smiling faces because her son didn't like some of the face that came in the sets.

Go too ebay.com and enter "lot of legos" in the search box and you can see various compilations and look for the ones with such figurines in them.

There are lots of choices. Or you may search "bulk legos" or the like.

Good luck!

E-bay. You can buy bulk figures there, sometimes at a really cheap price. If you want to buy a new set, some of the bigger Star Wars sets have lots of mini-figures, and the new Harry Potter castle & Hogwarts train have lots of mini-figures. You can also order mini-figures from the Lego store if you just want regular guys.

Another recommendation for www.bricklink.com ! You can find anythign LEGO there! The "stores" are individual sellers, like eBay, so check location, shipping policy, feedback, etc. before ordering. I have only ordered a few times but have had very good experience with the sellers there.

BTW, the Pick-a-Brick orders on the LEGO website are shipped for the factory in Denmark so it takes a while to get those. Which is how I found Bricklink when ordering things for DS's LEGO birthday party a couple of years ago...:tongue_smilie:

he is mostly into Star Wars but loves to make battlefields etc. One year we found the perfect present for him. It was expensive and it is ashame that he isn't using it the way it was meant to be used but maybe one day he will. My son was looking at Toys R Us through their amazon website and found a chess set. All the pieces were mini figurines. It was perfect. It was more expensive than the regular sets. I think it was $35 but he got so many mini figures. He is older now and doesn't play with his legos as much as he used to but on the good side he likes to play chess. Now he has a very unique chess set that can follow him into adult hood but when he needed it to be something different, he could use it that way too!

A lego set with the most mini figures. Also, is there a freestyle set that comes with specialty parts like the contraptions book? DS #1 had so many cool pieces but sold them all a few years ago before baby boy was interested in legos. He made quite a bit of money selling groups of legos. Now I wish he hadn't for baby boy wants all sorts of pieces to add to his free style building.

The Lego store is a great place for mini figures. When we go to Orlando we always go to the Lego store for the sole purpose of getting minis. LOL

My boys are both OBSESSED with Lego Men.

Go too ebay.com and enter "lot of legos" in the search box and you can see various compilations and look for the ones with such figurines in them.

There are lots of choices. Or you may search "bulk legos" or the like.

Good luck!

:iagree:

I bought a "lot" of 15 pounds of legos several years ago. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it also had around 40 mini-figs in it, in addition to all kinds of animals.

Krista

My ds buys the magnet sets of minifigures, both from the store and online. They come right off of the magnetic base, and ds says they are identical to what is sold in the larger sets.

He has also bought the keychain figures, and we pull out the pins in the heads. This leaves a hole in their head, but they are fine for play, or for characters who wear helmets.