Menu

when mommy is sick at you house?

:grouphug: We do the best we can. Sometimes that means I enforce that they do their independent work. Sometimes that means I tell them they have the day off of school as long as I don't see or hear them and they let me rest. A sinus infection would probably bump us to the latter category. :grouphug:, and I hope you feel better quickly!

I was sick for a month once. My husband fed the kids. My daughter, then 13, did the laundry. No real housework was done. :tongue_smilie: Thank heaven it was summer so I didn't have to worry about schoolwork. If it had happened during the schoolyear, we would have cut back to the minimum and muddled through.

Edited by Mejane

It depends on how bad off I am. If I'm unable to get out of bed, dh takes family time until I'm able to get out of bed. I've heard too many horror stories of people loosing their children to CPS because the kids were running around while mom slept in. Dh has the time and a job that allows it so I take advantage of it.

If I'm able to be down stairs dd does what she is able to do on her own for school. The rest of the time is spend watching TV and/or playing computer.

Luckily, dad is home and steps up to the plate. I just got back from GA. Dsg was throwing up. I made it two-thirds of the way home before it started hitting me. When I got home I discovered that the youngest had been throwing up all that day too (this was Tues.). We both spent the whole day in bed. She was well enough to go back to school today but I am still feeling pretty rough. I didn't even hear the alarm go off this morning. Dad got up and got them off to school. Then I took another long nap. I will probably go back to bed here again soon. It is much harder when dad is not home and the teens are no longer here to go get drive through.

I was sick 2-days this week, with some kind of respiratory issue. I suspect I caught it from that sick kid at soccer practice :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, I hate to fall behind just because I am sick, so if I am physically capable, I teach through it. I do let the laundry and housework go, since schooling usually takes all the energy I have when I am sick.

Krista

:grouphug: We do the best we can. Sometimes that means I enforce that they do their independent work. Sometimes that means I tell them they have the day off of school as long as I don't see or hear them and they let me rest. A sinus infection would probably bump us to the latter category. :grouphug:, and I hope you feel better quickly!

:iagree:Depends which 'sick' it is. My current chest cold that means to move = to cough? Not much, but Wolf doesn't stay home.

RSD hitting me so bad I can't stand, or haven't slept in 2-3 days? Wolf stays home and takes over hsing.

No guilt! When you're sick, you need rest so that you can heal up faster and be the best mama you can be. This past week, the bug started making its rounds. Two others were hit before me so I knew what it was when it started. I ran out and bought food and remedies, made a HUGE stockpot of soup, and promptly crawled into bed.

The kids have done bare minimum schoolwork. History with mom was replaced with Netflix documentaries. Chores were divided up so the house kept running. I've honestly enjoyed my two days of movies, books, and hot tea. :D If it weren't for the nasty snot in my head, it would feel like a vacation.

My husband has had this for a week and is still miserable, but he's not slowed down at all. I am thankful that I have the luxury of resting at the onset and thus keeping it from getting too bad. My cold is nearly gone after two days rest. I wish I could convince dh to try the whole resting thing. :tongue_smilie:

No guilt! When you're sick, you need rest so that you can heal up faster and be the best mama you can be. This past week, the bug started making its rounds. Two others were hit before me so I knew what it was when it started. I ran out and bought food and remedies, made a HUGE stockpot of soup, and promptly crawled into bed.

The kids have done bare minimum schoolwork. History with mom was replaced with Netflix documentaries. Chores were divided up so the house kept running. I've honestly enjoyed my two days of movies, books, and hot tea. :D If it weren't for the nasty snot in my head, it would feel like a vacation.

My husband has had this for a week and is still miserable, but he's not slowed down at all. I am thankful that I have the luxury of resting at the onset and thus keeping it from getting too bad. My cold is nearly gone after two days rest. I wish I could convince dh to try the whole resting thing. :tongue_smilie:

Ha! and were both in MO! Must be something local. Some farmer friends got hit a few weeks ago, and ended up in the hospital. I've decided to rest and not mess with this infection. Time for some tea though ;)