Menu

Guess what I'm doing on Thanksgiving?

Going to see Bret Michaels hehe. So are you disgusted with me, jealous of me, or laughing at me? :) lol.

(I'm not missing Thanksgiving dinner though, we're going to eat, and not go to the venue until around 7 PM). I'm going with three friends and possibly one of my sisters-in-law (not sure if she ever ended up getting her ticket).

And the 13 lbs I've lost so far? I might gain it back in candied sweet potatoes and alcohol that day.

:D

I have to confess that I need to google Bret Michaels. :confused:

Same here. :001_huh:

Oh my gosh, really? I feel old now lol.

I'm thinking that there has to be something better to do with your time than watch an almost 50 year old sing "Talk Dirty to Me."

All in good fun!

:lol::lol: You're right. There are definitely better things I could do with my time. But I'm going to have fun anyway!

I have to admit that I am totally jealous! I am a big flaming sucker for cheesy 80's music. Enjoy!

LOL I'm just kind of glad I'm not the only one who even knows who he is. I guess on this board I won't bother admitting that I've not only seen him in concert already once a few years ago, but that I watched all those horrid Rock Of Love shows...

...oops.

(In my defense it was on my DVR AFTER the kids went to bed). (And yes I definitely had better things to do then, too). :lol:

I consider myself well-versed in 80s music (it's what I grew up on), but I must confess I haven't heard of a Bret Michaels (George Michael, yes but not Bret). Are you sure his music isn't even OLDER than the 80s? :lol:Sorry, I just had to get that jab in, it was my birthday over the weekend, and it's fun to delude myself into thinking I'm not thaat old!

Back to the original question, don't most women spend Thankgiving afternoon/evening shopping, and men watching football? If your evening of entertainment was taking you away from valuable family time, I might raise an eyebrow, but compared to the alternatives, I say do what you enjoy on your day off.

BTW, I just couldn't resist: Guess what I'm doing on Thanksgiving? Hopefully having a baby!!!!

Edited by AHASRADA

I consider myself well-versed in 80s music (it's what I grew up on), but I must confess I haven't heard of a Bret Michaels (George Michael, yes but not Bret). Are you sure his music isn't even OLDER than the 80s? :lol:Sorry, I just had to get that jab in, it was my birthday over the weekend, and it's fun to delude myself into thinking I'm not thaat old!

Back to the original question, don't most women spend Thankgiving afternoon/evening shopping, and men watching football? If your evening of entertainment was taking you away from valuable family time, I might raise an eyebrow, but compared to the alternatives, I say do what you enjoy on your day off.

BTW, I just could resist: Guess what I'm doing on Thanksgiving? Hopefully having a baby!!!!

Bret Michaels is from the band Poison. He is one of the most well known (and cutest) hair band boys from the 80's. Poison was more late 80's-early 90's.:)

BTW - To the op, yes, I would love to see him in concert again. Have an awesome time!!!

I'm thinking that there has to be something better to do with your time than watch an almost 50 year old sing "Talk Dirty to Me."

All in good fun!

Now, if one is closer to 50 than 30 one just might enjoy that. ;)

If I had to pick between Bret Michaels and say, Joe Jonas, I'd pick Bret Michaels every time. :lol: