Menu

SWB's writing lectures will be discounted for a few days this coming week!

Colleen in NS

Which are you're favorites? I'm trying to teach two boys, 12 & 14, who prefer pencils for projectiles and having teeth extracted to writing a sentence, much less a paragraph!

:lurk5:

ALL of them! Even the one that wasn't mentioned in the article - the lit. analysis one. OK, you can probably leave out Writing Without Fear, but get the other three writing ones, plus the lit. analysis. To me, they give an ENTIRE picture of the writing process from grades 1 to 12, for a very tiny price. From there you can launch out into making up your own writing routines, or you can better evaluate writing programs you might be interested in. And for your pencil-shooter boys, definitely start with the elementary grade one - just don't tell them it's labeled "elementary", :lol:. It's great stuff.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
ALL of them! Even the one that wasn't mentioned in the article - the lit. analysis one. OK, you can probably leave out Writing Without Fear, but get the other three writing ones, plus the lit. analysis. To me, they give an ENTIRE picture of the writing process from grades 1 to 12, for a very tiny price. From there you can launch out into making up your own writing routines, or you can better evaluate writing programs you might be interested in. And for your pencil-shooter boys, definitely start with the elementary grade one - just don't tell them it's labeled "elementary", :lol:. It's great stuff.

And still totally worth MORE than the regular price. :D I just can't believe how generous SWB is with her knowledge.

:iagree: They are gold. I bought every MP3 at the PHP store and listen to them over and over and over...

Yes, yes. Get the writing ones--all 3 and the lit analysis one. There is also one on history/literature--can't think of the name of it off-hand. That one has a lot of repeat stuff (good repeat stuff I might add), but the few new things I gleaned from it were worth it.

Colleen, I don't know whether to thank you or beat you with a wet noodle :). I caved and bought the writing lectures because they were on sale. I listened to one today and oh my, it makes so much sense! Far easier than what we are doing and a lot quicker too. Now I just have to figure out how to give up on my CW dream. I've waited 2 years to start CW and now...

Seriously, thanks for posting this, the lectures where worth every penny :).

Colleen, I don't know whether to thank you or beat you with a wet noodle :). I caved and bought the writing lectures because they were on sale. I listened to one today and oh my, it makes so much sense! Far easier than what we are doing and a lot quicker too. Now I just have to figure out how to give up on my CW dream. I've waited 2 years to start CW and now...

:lol::lol::lol: but glad you are enjoying them! See why I keep raving about them here?

How funny to hear you say that. Your curriculum is actually going very well here at my house and helping me to achieve my writing goals ala SWB's audios!

Can anyone please tell me if there is a lot more information in these lectures than is in Part 1: Understanding the Process in WWE?

I have WWE text and we used the WWE2 workbook last year. I found the lectures to be extremely helpful. They present the reality of what you read in WWE and how to achieve the plan within the framework of what you are already doing (ie. across curricula). I would say they are both worth having.

How funny to hear you say that. Your curriculum is actually going very well here at my house and helping me to achieve my writing goals ala SWB's audios!

See this is what I was thinking while I was listening to the lecture, I'm already doing narration in literature, history and science. It wouldn't be so hard to add in some dictation in those subjects and might free up some time. Ever since we added Latin and CW we haven't had time for all the fun electives we used to do, but then again we did add a baby too :). Glad to hear you are enjoying Elemental Science!

Edited by Pata

I have WWE text and we used the WWE2 workbook last year. I found the lectures to be extremely helpful. They present the reality of what you read in WWE and how to achieve the plan within the framework of what you are already doing (ie. across curricula). I would say they are both worth having.

Thanks - that was just the kind of direct answer I like. :001_smile:

I've heard the rave reviews of the audio lectures, and I'm considering them.

However, I've read "Writing With Ease," including "Part I: Understanding the Process," where SWB describes all of the stages from 1st-12th grade, and her process won't work for my family.

Would those lectures still be useful for me or not?

Edited by Kuovonne

Can anyone please tell me if there is a lot more information in these lectures than is in Part 1: Understanding the Process in WWE?

Thanks for any info

I agree with Pata. The lectures sort of give you a realistic picture. Without digging into my notes, but looking at my WWE text, I'd say that the lectures contain quite a few more details than the text, too.

I've heard the rave reviews of the audio lectures, and I'm considering them.

However, I've read "Writing With Ease," including "Part I: Understanding the Process," where SWB describes all of the stanges from 1st-12th grade, and I her process won't work for my family.

Would those lectures still be useful for me or not?

If you don't think her process, as described in WWE, will work for your family for a particular reason, then I don't think the lectures will be helpful to you.