Menu

Can we homeschool for college?

Maybe.....maybe not...

My kids did sort of homeschool their first semester of college, except oldest because online was not available at that time. My next 2 both did online classes through the CC their first semester because they were not driving yet and the school was (is) 45 minutes away. Too much driving for this Mom. The following semesters they went to CC and then transferred off to AWAY schools once they had their Associates degrees. My 2nd dd did many online courses throughout CC because she wanted more time to work and be home. We found the online classes much more rigorous than the in class classes.

Who knows, by the time these little guys grow up, online college mught be quite the norm. :D

Faithe

Guest Alte Veste Academy
This is what my 7 yr. old asked me yesterday.

I laughed, and quickly said, "No, you will definitely want to go AWAY for college when the time comes."

:lol: My ds7 wants to HS for college too. I think it's a hoot! I don't have a problem with the kids living with us while in college though, so far. We'll see how things go between now and then. :lol:

:lol: My ds7 wants to HS for college too. I think it's a hoot! I don't have a problem with the kids living with us while in college though, so far. We'll see how things go between now and then. :lol:

Both of my boys have asked me if they can homeschool for college. My youngest wants to be a large animal vet. I told him he would have to go to college, but if that is what he really ends up doing, he can come back home and live on the farm FOREVER!!

Krista

This is what my 7 yr. old asked me yesterday.

I laughed, and quickly said, "No, you will definitely want to go AWAY for college when the time comes."

my 8 year old asked me that too...I told him when he was ready for college we would talk about it again, until then, don't worry about it. He was happy with my answer. I laughed too...KNOWING that by then, he would be ready to leave home....if not before. But I thought it was cute and cool that he actually thinks he will WANT to be home at that point.