Menu

Ugh, I'm never ordering from THAT pizza place again!

There's a newer pizza place the next town over which is now officially the closest place to deliver. (Like maybe 3-4 minutes away).

Tonight I decided to try them out for the first time.

I called at 5:10 and ordered a large pie.

At 6:15 I called again to ask if they could tell me how much longer it was going to be, as it had been over an hour since I'd called with no sign of them, and we were all starving.

They told me they had somehow "lost" my order. They apologized. They took my info again. They said they'd give me a "free soda" (whatever! they should give me a free pizza at this point as far as I'm concerned!) and they said "We'll be there in 15 to 20 minutes."

Well, it's already been another 30 minutes- and they still aren't here.

I'm hungry and cranky and I'm never ordering from that place again!

/rant.

Is it totally wrong to tell them when they came to the door, that you had been waiting sooooo long, you finally fed the kids pb&j and put them to bed. You would no longer be needing the pizza and then call the manager and let them know the same thing?

I am thinking that is what I would do. I def wouldn't pay for it. If that means not getting it, then so be it.

I just called again like two minutes ago to see what the heck is going on because now it's been at least 40 minutes more, and the girl who answered is like "Oh, they're actually lost. What's your address again?" (As if I haven't already given it to two other people during the last two phone calls I made). "And this is your phone number? Okay, they're on their way now."

So I'm STILL waiting. I am SO not happy. But I want pizza, darn it!

...oh wait they just called me to ask me AGAIN where I am. They finally made it here (7:05), apologized profusely and gave me the pizza and a two liter bottle of soda for free.

Going to eat now!

Blah!

If it's a new place, then the drivers are also new and probably still learning places. The key to speedy delivery. ime, is becoming a regular.

Which with the service you've gotten so far is tempting largely for the prospect of getting more free pizza.

Well, the pizza was decent, and it was warm, if not hot, and I overlooked the fact that they slopped the cheese around a bit since it was free, and the kids and I are no longer starving!

...And the manager just now called me to ask me how everything was and to apologize again lol.

I feel somewhat better now.

Nance (also a displaced New Yorker, living in PA though :D)

I'm just impressed that you have delivery, lol!

Same here. We're so far out in the boonies we have to drive 20 minutes if we want something other than bait or Gatorade (both fine things, no doubt, but not when you want pizza).

I'm also impressed, OP, that the pizza was even warm after all that time. If they used one of those insulated bags, I suppose we could take that as an encouraging sign about them.