Menu

Help me pick math.

laughing lioness

I Highly Recommend Math Mammoth!

We switched over from Horizons-My boys have been using Horizons Math for a few years now and MM is so much better!

They really have to pay close attention and Math seems to be "sticking" a lot better than it did with Horizons. :)

We are using the Light Blue Series.

I'm still using workbooks from B & N for dd7 and ds10. Need to get a real curriclum soon but I just cannot decide. Any thoughts?

Not horizons. Singapore?

Is Feche Man-Child using LOF? Does he/ do you like like it? Is so could Cub use LOF fractions? If you don't want a textbooky feel you could also look at the Key to series (my middle and little prefer them to LOF).

If you want Flower to have something colorful and fun looking that she can write in (that isn't spiral), then Singapore may indeed be the way to go.

HTH-

Mandy

I didn't realize Math Mammoth had become flavor of the week, LOL. We love BJU Math here, and one of my favorite aspects is that it goes through high school with the option for distance learning instructors. It also uses manipulatives, has visual representations of concepts, and teaches excellent word problem solving skills. We'll stick with it for the long haul.

I just want something that will work, that won't make me work to hard (I'm still going in 10 different directions wtih the house) and that will give my 10 yo his confidence back (seems like all of his "math smarts" died in the fire!).

My 16 is using LoF and loving it. If I get Lof for 10 yo what do I do with my mathy 7 yo?

This is so elementary but my brain is just so fried. I don't have the brain cells to research or think about one more thing. We are still living in construction central. Please just send me a link to an ordering page for math programs that work, are not too expensive and we'll love, k? (embarrased by my whiny pleading but not enough not to plead)

I think Singapore or MEP might work well (and probably even the current hit Math Mammoth, but I haven't seen it ;))- and MEP is available right now for free, you'd just need to print some pages or let them do the interactive pages online.

CLE might also fit your requirements.

I also think Miquon is an excellent early elementary program.

Singapore Math Placement- http://www.singaporemath.com/Placement_s/12.htm

Singapore and Miquon are both available at Rainbow Resource www.rainbowresource.com

MEP-http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/primary/default.htm

I just want something that will work, that won't make me work to hard

Not only does Math Mammoth work, and will not make you work hard...it'll make your dc work hard; make their brains hurt even (in a good way-love that), and won't cost you an arm and a leg. I can't say enough great things about MM!