Menu

Teachers Loung 9-16-2010

I'll answer my own questions first. :grin:

I'm having homemade tuna salad: mayo, tuna, frozen red grapes, and celery. With a side of Pepsi,of course. :^)

For dessert I'm going to have a pear.

The weirdest thing that happened to me today is not being able to find a church! A friend of mine and I like to go to yard sales and last month we found a church that has one about once a month and it's HUGE. Today, on my way home from a consultant's house, I couldn't remember the name of the church, but looked at the two places I THOUGHT I remembered it might be (because this weekend is the yard sale) and I couldn't find it.

Weird!

I'm shouting out kudos to all the moms who are homeschooling their special needs kiddos. That's a TOUGH job! Kudos to you, Mom!

It's that time of day again. Teachers Lounge! Sorry it's a little late today.

What are you having (did you have) for lunch?

What's the weirdest thing that's happened to you today or this week?

Who deserves kudos or thanks today?

Talk to me! :bigear:

Dh and I had Mexican. Someone told me I was very creative and would do a good job designing ppts for church on Sunday mornings. I'm totally NOT creative.

And my dh deserves major kudos for dropping everything to help my ds finish his Eagle Project by the 30th.

What are you having (did you have) for lunch? dd 9 made tuna mac salad for the crew. me, nothing.

What's the weirdest thing that's happened to you today or this week?

I'm supposed to premedicate for dental exams. Today the medication I took made me "toss my cookies" 30 miinutes after I took it. I'm still shakey and I took it 8 hours ago. My doctor's office thinks I got the wrong meds. I did comment to dh that they looked different than I rememberd. Dental exam is rescheduled, again. Last time I went I'd forgotten to premedicate and had to reschedule. :001_huh:

Who deserves kudos or thanks today? Dh for not freaking out on his drive to work when he received a call from the kids that I was getting sick in the bathroom. And for turning around and spending the day working from home so I could sleep some this morning. AND for taking dd 11 to the doctor's off so she could get a prescription for possible strep throat. It's been a day. No school here on account of unexplained and unforseen complications of life.

what a day

See my reply in living color LOL.

What are you having (did you have) for lunch?

Captain D's. It is right by the therapy center for Princess BB and I promised Bubba we would eat there if he finished assignments before we left. Good thing we had an unexpected extra hour because I didn't fall for it when he tried to give me yesterday's work as today's work. :001_huh: Then, after arrive and ordering at Captain D's I realized I forgot my debit card and they don't take checks. I also didn't have enough cash. :blink: Fortunately my dh was on the phone with Bubba and agreed to come rescue us with some money.

What's the weirdest thing that's happened to you today or this week? For once, nothing really.

Who deserves kudos or thanks today?

My son for winning several ribbons in the county fair. His reading tutor for giving him extra work when he tricked her into believing I had arrived to pick him up.

I had leftover pot roast for lunch. I was the last to eat and everyone must have forgotten about it because there was lots of meat left. Yum. I only had meat for lunch today. :)

Hubby needs the kudos today. He took dd9 her jacket at school then took her her inhaler two hours later. He's picking her up in less than an hour. It was his day off today so I would have done all that, except - I didn't have to for a change. We're still getting used to the once-a-week school again, and apparently I still need to fill out some forms and send in the asthma medicine. Ooops.

He spent most of the rest of the morning doing a nursery rhyme dot-to-dot book with dd5. She loved the daddy attention.

I even heard from ds20. We had a great discussion this morning over my morning coffee about references in the Aeneid that I didn't understand and the Ethiopian coffee crisis that I didn't know existed.

I'm going to change my "weirdest thing." I just called my DO's office (Doctor of osteopathy) to find out the name of the neuropsych that works in the same building. As I was saying to the lady on the phone, "I'm trying to figure out..." I paused there and she started laughing! After I finished my sentence ("the name of the psychologist that works in the same office suite") she repeated back to me what I'd said but didn't explain her laughter. She then said,

"Well, I can go grab a card for you, would you like me to do that?":001_huh:

I said, "All I need to know is the name." Her response: "One moment while I grab that card."

There is only ONE doctor and only ONE psychologist person in this office! How can she not know?? And really, to laugh in the middle of my sentence and not explain yourself? I found it a bit disconcerting and rude.

Okay, I vented. I'm much better now. :tongue_smilie:

Lunch: Leftover homemade garlic chicken pizza and gingersnap cookies (cookies courtesy of our neighbor)

Weird: We're having colonial pottage per SOTW3, chapter 3. The recipe calls for both endive and chicory, neither of which I've eaten in the past. According to the store, they are the same thing. :001_huh:

Kudos: Homeschool moms of large families. Having 4 kids is just killing me this year.