Menu

Any experience with Melaleuca??

Guest ME-Mommy

Guest ME-Mommy

Anyone have any experience with Melaleuca?? I'm somewhat familiar with their products as I had a friend that used to be a Preferred Member and she shared some of the "basic products" with me. (laundry soap, automatic dishwasher liquid and tooth polish)

Has anyone gone "whole hog" with Melaleuca??

It is very interesting to me and I'm considering joining -- they're offering a Value Pack at 60 % off AND a special bonus this month to anyone who joins and has 8 or more referrals before the end of the month.

So, I'm looking for experiences -- good/bad/indifferent. :)

Thanks!

I am a preferred member --but I don't do the signing up people (my parent's did that when my daddy was still alive). I am stuck on the products bec of my little ones asthma and eczema! And the Sol-u-mel w/ pre-spot can't be beat for taking out ground in grass stains and red clay from the ball fields ---my ds's baseball pants look new everytime they are washed:)

Anyone have any experience with Melaleuca?? I'm somewhat familiar with their products as I had a friend that used to be a Preferred Member and she shared some of the "basic products" with me. (laundry soap, automatic dishwasher liquid and tooth polish)

Has anyone gone "whole hog" with Melaleuca??

It is very interesting to me and I'm considering joining -- they're offering a Value Pack at 60 % off AND a special bonus this month to anyone who joins and has 8 or more referrals before the end of the month.

So, I'm looking for experiences -- good/bad/indifferent. :)

Thanks!

A few years back a neighbor of ours used their products. I remember when their children played at our house that they always smelled odd. The Melaleuca products left their hair and clothes smelling odd and their clothes all looked dingy. That's the only experience I've had regarding Melaleuca. The mother of these children asked me if I was interested in Melaleuca products but after "smelling" her children at my house I didn't want to purchase any of the products, but I never told her why. How do you tell someone their children smell weird and their clothes look dingy ? You just don't.

My MIL does it and she gave me a bunch of products (with which I've been impressed). But she is the kind of person who loves being a marketing rep. At various times, she's been one for Tupperware, Longaberger, Princess House, and either Mary Kay or Avon (forget which). She gets to the point where she & her friends have enough of whatever the product is & then she switches on to the next thing.

I've tried some of the cleaning stuff. It did a very good job and I was impressed at how little j\you need. But then again, make sure any cleaning product is concentrated enough and you'll just need a drop.

Personally, I think water, vinegar, baking soda and a bit of lemon juice are the cheapest and safest alternatives.

They are an MLM like Amway. Unless you can afford to spend X amount a month, every month, and don't mind that you might have a build up of stock, I'd stay away. They also aren't the most straight people in the world. I had some issues with them when I called about certain ingredients in their products. Also, you don't want to use TTO in everything you have. It's has plant based estrogen properties.

Guest ME-Mommy
They are an MLM like Amway. Unless you can afford to spend X amount a month, every month, and don't mind that you might have a build up of stock, I'd stay away.

But you can place an order every month for the things you need. The "back up order" is only "in play" if one forgets to order.

They also aren't the most straight people in the world. I had some issues with them when I called about certain ingredients in their products.

Can you elaborate on this statement??

Guest ME-Mommy
Ever since reading this about them, I've stayed away. Don't know if the deception was sanctioned by the company or not, but still, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm NOT trying to be argumentative...but I don't think I'd stay away from a company because of what ONE woman did. :001_huh:

I'm NOT trying to be argumentative...but I don't think I'd stay away from a company because of what ONE woman did. :001_huh:

Actually, more than a few people signed with that company pass around scare articles and "miracle cure" articles. Everyone with cancer is miraculously cured when they switch to Melaleuca. Of course, "it's not the company claiming this."

But you can place an order every month for the things you need. The "back up order" is only "in play" if one forgets to order.

Can you elaborate on this statement??

The the back up is that you have order a certain amount regardless if you need that much or not.

I have elaborated in several threads in the past on this same subject. They were advertised to us as not having any of the usual chemicals that you find in other products that have been known to be problematic. Then I found SLS and Aluminum. The person at the company I spoke with could not answer any questions I had and seemed pretty ignorant of the issues. Strange for a company that claims to be "healthy" and "environmentally safe".

They are no different than any other company, except they are MLM like Amway and they toss TTO into everything (which has proven to be UNHEALTHY...used occasionally for certain things and in small quantities, fine. But to have it in everything you use, no!).

If I want TTO, I can go to either WM or the health food store and pick it up for A LOT less $$.

Edited by mommaduck

I was a member for awhile, but was spending too much money each month on product. I still buy some of their products, though. Their scent-free detergent is the only one I've found that doesn't bring on DD's eczema and it's always gotten our clothes clean. I love, love, love their wrinkle-release spray Revive. DH likes the scent so I also use that as a type of Febreze at times as well.

I had read of horror stories of people trying to quit but being unable to do so. However, I had no problems. Oh, and I never heard any "cancer curing" stories.

The the back up is that you have order a certain amount regardless if you need that much or not.

I have elaborated in several threads in the past on this same subject. They were advertised to us as not having any of the usual chemicals that you find in other products that have been known to be problematic. Then I found SLS and Aluminum. The person at the company I spoke with could not answer any questions I had and seemed pretty ignorant of the issues. Strange for a company that claims to be "healthy" and "environmentally safe".

They are no different than any other company, except they are MLM like Amway and they toss TTO into everything (which has proven to be UNHEALTHY...used occasionally for certain things and in small quantities, fine. But to have it in everything you use, no!).

If I want TTO, I can go to either WM or the health food store and pick it up for A LOT less $$.

What is TTO ?

What is TTO ?

Tea tree oil.

I've used their products for several years, but I stopped because it's just me and dd at home and there's no way I'd use as much as I'm required to buy each month, which is a shame, because I really did like the Nicole Miller skin care line and cosmetics. I've had no issue canceling my account with them, and my reps never made any claims that the products would cure anything.

My friend went whole hog as a rep. I signed up as a Preferred Customer under her for awhile. They had a FEW products which I found to be exceptional, but I dropped out after I did a price comparison and found I was paying a lot more than I would if I shopped at Costco, WAl-Mart, or even a regular grocery store (depending on the product). They advertised themselves as "just like Costco, but without the overhead of the building", but their prices were not equal to Costco's, especially when I added in the shipping.

I also did not like having to order a minimum $$$ amount every month. I always ended up stockpiling stuff I didn't really need, because I refused to pay double for some of their food items, etc., so I'd be stuck ordering glass cleaner and other such things over and over again.

My friend eventually left the company after giving it her heart and soul for three years - she found out that their payment schedule wasn't set up for her to be able to make any significant money.

Now I will add that she liked dealing with the company. She did believe them to be above-board. And I had no problems canceling whatsoever. I just couldn't figure out why I was paying more for products that didn't seem to be special. Just MHO.

I agree with most of the other ladies. We found out about them about 7 years ago, when my dd was a baby (sniff,sniff) and I was wanting to make extra money at home. So, I became a Rep. We did really like the products, and at that time there weren't tons of natural products out there (other than health food stores-which we weren't close to).

I didn't do well with the Rep. thing-I am not a saleswoman!!:D We still stayed preferred customers, but the monthly requirement killed us, too. They try to say "If you buy our vitamins, laundry stuff, etc... all of the things you buy normally, you will have no problem maintaining the required purchase amounts." We did, so we ended up with tons of stuff that we stored, and huge cc bills.

And now, when Target, Walmart, and practically every grocery store have natural cleaning products, it just isn't worth it.

And don't forget the shipping charges!

Tea tree oil.

I've used their products for several years, but I stopped because it's just me and dd at home and there's no way I'd use as much as I'm required to buy each month, which is a shame, because I really did like the Nicole Miller skin care line and cosmetics. I've had no issue canceling my account with them, and my reps never made any claims that the products would cure anything.

Thanks for letting me know what TTO stands for.