Menu

Pedicures - how often?

I just had my second professional pedicure - I am very low maintenance.

The massage and bath treatment felt really good on my two broken toes. I would love to be able to fit pedicures into my regular schedule. I think I could convince DH they are necessary for my foot health which in turn would make me a happier person. Actually, DH would love it if I did something nice for myself - I am the stumbling block in that area.

So my questions are:

how often do you get pedicures?

do you consider them a treat or a necessity?

what other services do you get? massage? waxing? something else I have no idea is available?

I feel kinda stupid because I had no idea the chair at the salon was a massage chair and my 17 yo had to school me on how to use it (and on proper pedicure behavior).

I may have to try for a manicure someday soon. I have never had one of those either.

The pedicure is way better than the manicure...although it is nice having pretty hands. Facials are really nice and a sea weed body wrap/hot stone therapy is possibility my favorite:) I used to get pedicures at a very nice popular salon here about every 4 or 5 weeks. That's until one day I got a nice foot fungus on the top of my foot from them:( After that I researched and found out if they don't disinfect everything every time you can run into some big problems. So just make sure your salon cleans out the tubs with bleach or disinfectant every time.

Any way back to wraps and facials... The best is a half or whole spa day so you can experience a variety of wonderful things!

I get them once a year. I would like to do it more often, but then I have to schedule it (and I am schedule challenged:).) For me, I would love to go weekly, but could never justify the time (or expense.) I think 4 - 6 weeks would be a maximum depending on how fast your nails grow. I had one 6 weeks ago and am in desperate need of another one. I just hate the hoity-toity salon experience. It seems that everyone has their hand out for a tip. I feel so uncomfortable there. I had the best pedicure in a little storefront. The person who worked on me was so gentle, and my feet looked great. It was $40 in LA for the luxury treatments. Go figure. Around here, they are $40 for the very basic pedicure (at the fancy salons.)

I have done a massage at a salon. That was a nice experience. It was a gift certificate so I didn't feel the least bit guilty. Don't do waxing. I don't do manicures - hubby not crazy about nail polish and I rock climb so I need short, serviceable nails. Dd likes to give me home manicures - These are just about cuticles and massaging in some lotion. They feel heavenly, but I can only have her do them at the end of the day because I become a total veg-head afterwards.

I am very low maintenance--no makeup, I don't color my hair, I don't like the feel of nail polish on my fingernails. But I just don't feel right wearing sandals in the summer without pretty toes. So from May-October I get a pedicure every 4-6 weeks or so. It's a necessity to me, and I feel like the other care of my feet that occurs during a pedicure is good for them--the exfoliating, the massage (it's got to be good for circulation, right?), the intensive moisturizing.

If I've gone too long without Nair-ing my upper lip, I'll go ahead and get it waxed while I'm there, but that's about it.

I just had my second professional pedicure - I am very low maintenance. You and I are SO THE ODD COUPLE.

The massage and bath treatment felt really good on my two broken toes. I would love to be able to fit pedicures into my regular schedule. I think I could convince DH they are necessary for my foot health which in turn would make me a happier person. Actually, DH would love it if I did something nice for myself - I am the stumbling block in that area. You need to hand around with me more.;)

So my questions are:

how often do you get pedicures? Every two weeks - manicure & pedicure

do you consider them a treat or a necessity? Yes

what other services do you get? massage? waxing? something else I have no idea is available? I will begin to have a massage on the alternate weeks as a reward for losing weight and sticking with The Shred. I do get my eyebrows waxed when my hair is cut and colored. Every couple of months, I will have them do a paraffin treatment with the manicure/pedicure - just because.

I feel kinda stupid because I had no idea the chair at the salon was a massage chair and my 17 yo had to school me on how to use it (and on proper pedicure behavior). You should not feel stupid or anything like that -- I didn't have a pedicure till I was in my 20s. My dd11 has been having them since she was EIGHT! Yes, EIGHT! Do not feel silly! You've earned the pampering.

I may have to try for a manicure someday soon. I have never had one of those either.

Well, Mer, it's about time.

:grouphug: PS. Do you have a Red Door Salon/Spa near you?

I use to get them monthly, then had a friend who contracted a serious infection from unclean jets at my very uppity salon! They bleach them, but apparently, it needs to sit longer, or something. GROSS.

So, I bought all the goodies myself and give them to myself 2x a month. It doesn't feel nearly as luxurious, but my feet look lovely and I know my materials are clean.

I am very low maintenance--no makeup, I don't color my hair, I don't like the feel of nail polish on my fingernails. But I just don't feel right wearing sandals in the summer without pretty toes. So from May-October I get a pedicure every 4-6 weeks or so. It's a necessity to me, and I feel like the other care of my feet that occurs during a pedicure is good for them--the exfoliating, the massage (it's got to be good for circulation, right?), the intensive moisturizing.

'

This is me, except I go every 2-3 weeks in the summer. My nails grow fast.

Always look for a salon that uses that little oven looking thing to disinfect the tools. My brain is slow tonight, I can't remember the name of it.

I do get my face threaded and arms waxed every other month, but that is definitely a necessity (I have no shortage of hair), I don't consider any type of pain for beauty to be pampering!

I like to go every 3-5 weeks (somewhere in that range, whenever I get around to it) over the spring/summer/early fall. I guess I see it as more of a treat than a necessity, but I deserve a treat! :D

I don't get any other services. Not even a manicure, I only do the pedicure. I hardly even get my hair trimmed (which I should do more often)!

I go for a manicure and pedicure every three weeks. It is scheduled on the calendar for 6-9 months in advance.

I am very low maintenance (no make-up, hair cut at the local beauty college, clothes from Goodwill/Wal-Mart), but the manicure and pedicure are my two hours for just ME.

I am extremely lucky because I go to a salon that is owned by two women who have been in business together for 20 years. They only take people by appointment. The salon is beyond clean and the two ladies are like part of the family.

Even though DH has taken some horrendous paycuts over the last couple of years, he has said that the manicure and pedicure will be the LAST thing cut from the budget. That speaks volumes especially since I am married to the most frugal man on the planet.

I've had just a handful of professional pedicures. They kind of gross me out, you know, germs and all of that.

I have all of my own pedi gear and pamper my own feet weekly. Actually, when I finally get all of these punks in bed tonight that is what I have planned.

ETA: I do get my hair cut & colored at a $$$ every six weeks (well, cut every 6 weeks and colored every 12 weeks).