Menu

Sci-Fi book suggestions?

I don't read a lot of sci-fi but I did enjoy the Heir to the Empire series by Timothy Zahn. It's the third trilogy in the Star Wars saga and goes on to tell what happens to our heroes. You also get some background on a number of characters that were in the main trilogy, where they appeared as minor players.

Cinder

Guest Cindie2dds

Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash. Quick, and fascinating. I loved reading a book written before the internet was public and seeing his view of the future. Be careful with some of his books, although I am a huge fan, his Quicksilver series can be sleep inducing in audio format.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and anything by Orson Scott Card and Isaac Asimov.

I also liked The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

Let's see.... sci-fi....

The Dragon riders books by Anne McAffrey (I've always counted these as more sci-fi than fantasy... but I'm not sure...)

my dh has enjoyed the Star Wars audio books we've come across

the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series (5 books, I think? I've forgotten...)

If he enjoys fantasy books, I'd also suggest

anything by Brandon Sanderson - especially the Mistborn series

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

The Ice & Fire series by George R.R. Martin - the first book is A Game of Thrones

the Harry Potter series is a fanTASTIC audio series