Menu

For the last 10 years, so much of "me" was "Homeschooler"......

Going through the same transition here too. DD11 is going to a private school this year, ds15 in college, dd3 in preschool/daycare. This is the first end of summer that hasn't been heralded with me in planning/purchasing mode.

We bought a few school clothes, a few supplies (dd's teacher encourages using what you already have instead of buying new :) ) and they both will be off before I know it.

It has been a great ride, I am very excited for the challenges ahead of them but I still feel the apprehension of the first day for them.

Have you found it weird reading all the threads lately? I have. I never really thought about how much homeschool ruled our lives. It is such a strange feeling to not have it in my mind all the time.

Have you found it weird reading all the threads lately? I have. I never really thought about how much homeschool ruled our lives. It is such a strange feeling to not have it in my mind all the time.

I just had this past year which was planned as a one year pullout for my daughter to finish up elementary. She went off to the junior high this morning. She was good with it but I'm sort of a mess this morning.

My 8th grade son just got on the bus this morning for the first time in 6 years! So odd not having him here homeschooling with ds12. I'm still having mixed feelings... Anxiously awaiting hearing about his day when he gets home :001_smile: