Menu

Acne location related to organ system dysfunction?

A friend of mine mentioned this in passing, but didn't know if it was true or really any other details.

I have had acne on my chin area for what seems like forever.

If this is indicative of some organ system dysfunction, I'd like to know so I could work on that instead of fretting over all my zits and using OTC remedies!

Does anyone know? :bigear:

:bigear:

Michele

A friend of mine mentioned this in passing, but didn't know if it was true or really any other details.

I have had acne on my chin area for what seems like forever.

If this is indicative of some organ system dysfunction, I'd like to know so I could work on that instead of fretting over all my zits and using OTC remedies!

Does anyone know? :bigear:

Michele

Actually, such a notion is far from a nonsense, but no definite correlations have been established (that I know of) for the sole location of acne to be automatically seen as a symptom of something else. If combined with other symptoms of something else, they do sometimes take it into account, but the first assumption is that it's local and should be treated locally.

Still, for example, if acne are positioned low on your face and already spreading onto your neck, it might often be a symptom of PCOS - but no serious dermathologist will freak out that you might have PCOS unless other relevant symptoms are present. I don't know about chin, but I remember this particular example.

Nutrition, poor hand hygiene and then touching your face, etc. are FAR more likely factors to cause it than internal organs dysfunction.

I finally figured out that acne on my chin comes from holding my sweet lil' ones on my lap with their sweaty little heads resting against my face.

Same here--chin and jawline acne all the time from leaning my face against their heads/hair. Hey, they're only little for a while, and the acne is worth it. Mostly.:D