If you bought TOG new

melmichigan

Which do you own?  

1. 1. Which do you own?

• Classic
    • DE only (cannot be resold)
    • DE with print (cannot be resold)
    • Redesign Print (can be resold)

DE only here. I think it is so much easier to navigate than having the printed. The print version looks intimidating! We didn't experience the "fog" when starting, and I think that is because the DE interface makes TOG much more manageable. I'm also not concerned with reselling TOG, just the books that we are using with it.

Technically, I bought a used copy, but most of it was still in shrink wrap and had not been used so I did not answer your pole. But if I *were* eligible to take part of the survey, I would have chosen the latter one on the list. I much, MUCH prefer hard copy than digital for reasons that I've stated here before on previous threads.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I have DE only and I find it to be very flexible. I've got an expanded license and have put it on both our computers (desktop and laptop). I also have printed out the Threads, Reading Assignment Charts, writing assignments and SAPs (student activity pages). Last year i had a LG and UG student, so I didn't print out *any* D or R level information -- and found that it was nice not having to flip through pages that I didn't need (I found it intimidating and frustrating to do so when I owned year 1 print before the redesigned came out 2007 or so). Last year I printed out the teacher notes, this year I'm taking it week by week and trying.

I spent about 2 hours printing the pieces that I wanted -- once I got in the groove of knowing the page numbers, etc. it was really easy.

Also, I will be using TOG for another 10+ years as my youngest is just a Ker this year...so knowing that I will always have an up-to-date product is a blessing for me.

I have purchased years 1-3 used so only own redesign print but I will be buying a new year 4 soon and plan to buy redesign print only.

I am used to print anyways so it works for me. I also like having the option to resell it if I choose, especially with it being so pricey to begin with.

Edited by Quiver0f10

I love it! This is our first year using ToG. I do have some concerns though.. My pc and laptop are old and will not last another 12 years, (my youngest is starting 1st grade this year) I am worried that several years down the road my pc/laptop will no longer be around. What then?

I am not highjacking just thinking "out loud" :)

Mandie

I have purchased years 1-3 used so only own redesign print but I will be buying a new year 4 soon and plan to buy redesign print only.

I am used to print anyways so it works for me. I also like having the option to resell it if I choose, especially with it being so pricey to begin with.

Me too.

I love it! This is our first year using ToG. I do have some concerns though.. My pc and laptop are old and will not last another 12 years, (my youngest is starting 1st grade this year) I am worried that several years down the road my pc/laptop will no longer be around. What then?

I am not highjacking just thinking "out loud" :)

Mandie

As I understand it as long as TOG is around you should be able to download to any computer you own. You may have to contact them to arrange the license stuff but I read others who have posted that they were only keeping the year they were using on their computers and then would re-download the years as they needed them. I hope that makes sense...so in otherwords it wouldn't matter if you upgraded/changed your computer. I downloaded it to my computer and then a few weeks later I went into my account and downloaded it to my other computers.

I have a license to use my version on 3 of our computers. Mine is in the kitchen but is having communication problems with the printer upstairs, so I also have it on my dh's computer up there so I can print, and then it is also on our MacBook so we can take it around and read it anywhere in the house...or wherever I need it.

I bought DE and print.....but I only bought Y2 U1 as this is the first year we have used TOG. I wanted to actually hold a hard copy in my hands so that is the reason for both. I may go to DE only...especially if I can get another printer that uses a continuous ink system....the one I have right now does not and that will get extremely expensive.

As I understand it as long as TOG is around you should be able to download to any computer you own. You may have to contact them to arrange the license stuff but I read others who have posted that they were only keeping the year they were using on their computers and then would re-download the years as they needed them. I hope that makes sense...so in otherwords it wouldn't matter if you upgraded/changed your computer. I downloaded it to my computer and then a few weeks later I went into my account and downloaded it to my other computers.

I have a license to use my version on 3 of our computers. Mine is in the kitchen but is having communication problems with the printer upstairs, so I also have it on my dh's computer up there so I can print, and then it is also on our MacBook so we can take it around and read it anywhere in the house...or wherever I need it.

I did read where Maria addressed this on the website. You just call and they will cancel the one license and issue a new one for you to use on the new computer.

I don't quite understand where she has said that if they were going out of business you could burn to discs, because you still have to go through locklizard, or I'm doing something wrong, except for the workbooks.

I have two units on DE but am trying to decide what to do long term when finances allow. I like the longevity potential of DE, since my youngest is only 2yo., but I also like paper after my SL, and resale would be a good bonus, although I rarely sell anything with so many kids yet to come so maybe it would be worth much by then anyway. :)

Edited by melmichigan