Menu

s/o seperate bedrooms

I wondered how many can't sleep without their significant others. When my dh is out of town I end up on the couch because I cannot sleep in our bed without him. I know of a few who are the same and wondered if any here are as well.

It doesn't worry me that he is not in the same bed, obviously, since we dont sleep together anyway....but there have been times over the years when he has been away when I have become frightened and realised how much just his presence in the house makes me feel secure.

When my husband was a truck driver, I couldn't sleep without him home. Now he's retired from trucking, his work during season picks up, and I still can't sleep until he comes home..and that's sometimes 1 or 2 am. I can't sleep until I know that he's here, safe and sound. But I am also one that can't go to bed, until I know that everyone is sound to sleep. :)

If he's just gone for a few nights then I usually crash on the sofa. For extended seperations I do sleep in our room (there's no way I'm sleeping on the sofa for 6+ months at a time!) but I have so much trouble falling asleep while he's away. I usually listen to my MP3 player, read, or watch Netflix on the laptop. I always stay up too late when my dh is gone.

My husband travels 2-3 times a year for a couple weeks at a time and takes the occasional weekend down at his mothers with ds (and sometimes younger dd as well). I dont' sleep well when he's not home. Being alone in the house, or just with the little guys, makes me nervous (older d is only here every other week). I sleep with the bathroom light on and stay up way too late because I can't fall asleep.

I do stay in our bed since there isn't anywhere else in my house to sleep and I might as well be comfortable even if I can't sleep.

I don't sleep well away from dh at all. When he's gone I leave the bathroom light on, and more often than not a kid or two ends up crawling into my bed in the middle of the night.

If dh is out late I stay up waiting for him. I have a somewhat irrational fear of him getting jumped or in an accident and me not knowing something is wrong until the next morning.