Menu

Free Amazon Prime for One Year !!!!!!

I just saw this and I had to share it here:

FREE Two-Day Shipping for Students

Join Amazon Student and get FREE Two-Day Shipping for one year with a free Amazon Prime membership ($79 value), as well as e-mail alerts for exclusive promotions. The program is available only for students and there is no cost to join--simply sign up by providing your school and major. › See more product promotions

:D:D:D

I just saw this and I had to share it here:

FREE Two-Day Shipping for Students

Join Amazon Student and get FREE Two-Day Shipping for one year with a free Amazon Prime membership ($79 value)' date=' as well as e-mail alerts for exclusive promotions. The program is available only for students and there is no cost to join--simply sign up by providing your school and major. [b']› [/b] See more product promotions

:D:D:D

You have to have a .edu email address. Or am I missing a loophole?

The free Prime membership only applies to currently enrolled college students:

Only students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a valid .edu e-mail address to confirm their status are eligible to participate in Amazon Student. See additional conditions at Amazon Student Terms & Conditions for more details.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200500380

Jackie

Oh no. I've done some googling and it seems that you're right about needing the .edu email. :confused: I'm sorry - I had no idea.

Is there any way for home schoolers to get this e-mail? I wonder if we can get it through a home school group - it doesn't seem fair for us to be excluded when we need it more than the average students. :001_huh:

Now I'm in search of a loophole!!! :D

I haven't found any loopholes. Some have mentioned it's for high school students as well as college, but everything seems to say that it's only for enrolled college students, and up to four members of their immediate family.

I'm sorry I didn't know the details when I posted. Maybe this could be moved to the college forum.

Wouldn't it be nice if Amazon gave a nice perk like this to home schoolers? My guess is that they want college students to get in the habit of buying things through them before so they will continue once they're setting up house and all. I wonder if they know the buying power of home schoolers - especially this time of year. :tongue_smilie:

Is there any way for home schoolers to get this e-mail? I wonder if we can get it through a home school group - it doesn't seem fair for us to be excluded when we need it more than the average students. :001_huh:

Now I'm in search of a loophole!!! :D

Homeschoolers are not excluded. It's for college students. If you have (or are) a college student, you can get it.

Thank you. I just so happen to be taking a class and I have a working .edu email address. I wish I had known about this a couple weeks ago before I ordered stacks of books, but oh well. SOTW is coming in the mail soon and I have a feeling there will be some more book orders in my near future. :)

Thank you. I just so happen to be taking a class and I have a working .edu email address. I wish I had known about this a couple weeks ago before I ordered stacks of books, but oh well. SOTW is coming in the mail soon and I have a feeling there will be some more book orders in my near future. :)

I have already used it way too much. :D Someone posted last week about it, and I joined. Then I cancelled my two most recent orders that hadn't shipped yet and re-ordered them with the free Prime. They are already here. :001_smile:

I don't think so. It's for students' date=' not teachers. :) I haven't tried signing up since I have the prime now - but definitely not free! I will probably have my daughter sign up since our prime will run out before this free year will.[/quote']

If I understood the Terms & Conditions, if you already have Prime and sign up for the free one, your paid Prime is canceled and you are reimbursed for the unused months. I only read it quickly, but that's what I understood.