Menu

S/O: My Target has LOST IT'S MIND!

UGH! I went there yesterday to try and pick up a few things for school.

O. M. G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently, they are adding groceries to our Target, but everything is shifted around and there are random toy aisles in the boys' clothing section, some aisles are NOT A.D.A. compliant (I don't know how a wheel chair could go down some of those aisles), and most shelves were completely bare.

I was VERY disappointed.

and the school supply section was EMPTY. :confused:

Sounds like typical remodeling to me. Racks will be moved, moved again, and moved again. The school supplies are likely in boxes in the back room for now. They may have the sale items in the regular aisle for now, but you will want to go when the ad breaks to get them before they run out.

A lot of our Targets have groceries, it is nice to be able to pick up a few items while there, but I can't imagine actually grocery shopping there. Some of our Targets have full small-scale grocery sections and others have 6-7 aisles only.

Our Target has a full grocery in it. We decided to "save time" by doing all of our shopping there instead of some there and some at Publix. Big mistake. There is no rhyme or reason to item placement. Pasta sauce and some types of pasta are on one aisle. The other types of noodles are a few aisle over. Most stores (that I shop at) will have spices near the flour, sugar, yeast etc. No, our store has spices near cookies and snack foods. We found cereal in the health and beauty aids, right beside sunblock. It is not being remodeled. It is just weird. I think it must be following Wal-Mart's lead. :tongue_smilie:

Oh, Target! It's one of the things I really, really, really (really) miss about living in America. If Germans only KNEW what Target was like! They drove Wal-Mart out of business (good for them), but they should at least give Target a chance.

There is a Super Target near my mom and when we visit I'm there for so long I think the employees think I'm casing the place for a robbery. Seriously, I'll go there for hours. Walk around, have some lunch, walk around some more, sit on the furniture, try on the clothes, walk around some more. Oh, it's great fun.

They are remodeling the Target near us, too. It has been pretty chaotic for a few weeks, but today when I went in it was much better. I think it has another week to go before it's finished. It will take me some time to get used to the new changes though. On the plus side, they seem to have a lot of extra employees wandering around and asking people if they need help finding things. Give it a few weeks and hopefully everything will be stocked up again!

I work in a Wal-mart and we're in the middle of remodeling. The really fun thing is that half the time, not only do the customers find it baffling where things are, but those of us who work there may well be just as baffled. Our grocery section at least is mostly finished (except they're still re-doing the floors in produce/bakery/deli area), but for a while there we were all scratching our heads.

I always feel bad for a customer when I simply cannot find what they're looking for because of the chaos (like last night. They're finishing off the re-do of electronics and photo is still in chaos, so we couldn't find the printer ink for the kodak myshare printer this lady was looking for--in the area by photo, in the area where the photo shelves were, or in the printer ink section of electronics.)

I think we've done a pretty good job of customer service during the chaos. We're a 24 hour store and remaining open through the whole thing.

Though where things are located mostly makes sense, even though it's different than before and it made sense then, too. And some things, like our electronics department, are a lot nicer and better organized after than before.