Menu

Anybody ever emailed Stanley Schmidt? (LoF?)

I emailed him last night at 1130 pm my time and I had a personal responce today by 11 am! WOW I am impressed!

For those of you wondering he said he started a series for K-4th grade~!!!!

This is cut, copied and pasted straight from my email-

Next question- are you planning on putting any books out prior to fractions for younger elementary school kids?. Yes. Earlier this week I began writing the first in a whole bunch of books for the kindergarten through fourth grade readers.

:party::party::party:

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

Several times, and I've always received speedy replies :) I can't wait for the younger books!!! Oh yeah, my dd going into 1st grade is also looking forward to them, LOL. She is tired of her older brothers having all the fun!

My first LoF order was for the Fractions and Decimals books. The day they arrived I read them for hours, and I was so in love with them I placed an order that night for ALL of the other books. The next morning, DH answered the phone and handed it to me with a puzzled look saying "Do you know anybody named Stan Smith?" Apparently I had accidently clicked one of the books twice when I placed my order and before Stan charged my card or sent the books, he wanted to double check if I really wanted two copies of that book, or if it was a mistake. He's a genius and a nice guy. :001_wub:

Jackie

Guest RecumbentHeart
We are looking forward to LOF :D

:iagree: I've got a while to wait though, unless those K-4 books come out relatively soon. I wonder how fast Stan can write ...

This is what Stan replied to me @ the younger grades books. This was 6/21/10

Dear Kimberely,

This week I'm putting the finishing touches on Life of Fred: Pre-algebra 2 with Economics.

Then later this week I hope to start a whole bunch of books for readers in the kindergarten through fourth grade category. I expect that this project will take several years.

One reason I'm writing these books is that there doesn't seem to be anything like the Life of Fred series for the younger readers. And I've looked at what is offered at Costco or at Office Depot I find colorful workbooks for kids to write in, where they circle the hippopotamuses and put squares around the giraffes. To me it seems like a lot of drill and kill. The alternative of flash cards doesn't seem to me to be much better.

I'm sorry. I wish I could write you with more encouraging news.

With my best wishes,

Stan

One reason I'm writing these books is that there doesn't seem to be anything like the Life of Fred series for the younger readers. And I've looked at what is offered at Costco or at Office Depot I find colorful workbooks for kids to write in, where they circle the hippopotamuses and put squares around the giraffes. To me it seems like a lot of drill and kill. The alternative of flash cards doesn't seem to me to be much better.

It strikes me as odd that Office Depot would be considered a good place to buy quality math books, though, unless he's planning to get Life of Fred stocked in major mass retailers?

I emailed him last night at 1130 pm my time and I had a personal responce today by 11 am! WOW I am impressed!

For those of you wondering he said he started a series for K-4th grade~!!!!

This is cut, copied and pasted straight from my email-

Next question- are you planning on putting any books out prior to fractions for younger elementary school kids?. Yes. Earlier this week I began writing the first in a whole bunch of books for the kindergarten through fourth grade readers.

:party::party::party:

:D:D:D:D This is great news!!! And yes, he has promptly replied to my emails several times.

This is what Stan replied to me @ the younger grades books. This was 6/21/10

Dear Kimberely,

This week I'm putting the finishing touches on Life of Fred: Pre-algebra 2 with Economics.

Then later this week I hope to start a whole bunch of books for readers in the kindergarten through fourth grade category. I expect that this project will take several years.

Just in time for my toddler. :D

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
Just in time for my toddler. :D

Well, I do have a 2 year old and 3 year old:D:lol: I would imagine he'll release them individually as he's done with the rest of the books so depending on where he starts it could still work for those now in K or 1st if he starts with the lower books. I guess we'll have to be patient and see what happens, rats:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Cheryl in SoCal