Menu

Copywork books?

sagira

I love using copywork, but the hunting down and typing and preparing has gotten to me now that I am pregnant and exhausted. Besides Queen's Homeschool's, are there any copywork books out there? I would like something eclectic and encompassing literature as well as quotes, poetry, science facts if possible. Something appropriate for my reluctant soon to be seven-year-old.

TIA!

ETA: We use Getty-Dubay Italic Handwriting.

Edited by sagira

Penny Gardner's ebook: Italics - Beautiful Handwriting for Children

Italics copybooks from DownUnder Literature (available on currclick.com)

These include Aesop, Beatrix Potter and one other.

Kimberly Garcia's Write From History (available on lulu.com) in the GDI version. This is similar to Writing Tales but has copywork instead of written narration. Also has grammar; it can be your lang arts curric.

Search currclick.com and lulu.com for "italics copywork".

HTH

Edited by nansk

Another place to get short copywork sentences is Happy Scribe and they also have longer passage books for older kids called Master Writer

Right now on their site you can get all of the Happy scribe books as a download for $8 (that's 35 books on all different subjects and each one has about 20 copy work sentences)

All 19 of the Master Writer books can be bought for $10 for the download. (these have 20 days worth of work each)

If you want any of the books individually they are only $1.50 each and each book has block, d'nealian and cursive fonts included.

Edited by nukeswife

Another place to get short copywork sentences is Happy Scribe ...

If you want any of the books individually they are only $1.50 each and each book has block, d'nealian and cursive fonts included.

I really like the books from HappyScribe; so many options that I would not have thought of! The price is good too. I would have gladly used these if they had the GDI font. D'nelian italic doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by nansk

I just tried to email her to see if she will offer it in ZB print, but it came back to me. Does anyone have a way to contact her?

Hi,

Julie is a member of this forum. Her id is "Julie in GA" and her blog is here.

I really like the books from HappyScribe; so many options that I would not have thought of! The price is good too. I would have gladly used these if they had the GDI font. D'nelian italic doesn't appeal to me.

I actually just bought them for the sayings and use them to make my own copywork sheets using startwrite software because we use HWOT and I wanted that font and the double line for a while.

I know you were looking for something to buy, but one thing I switched to was having the children copy sentences I wanted them to learn from their lessons. So prayers that they are supposed to be learning by age, Bible verses, lines of poetry or quotes from Shakespeare. I don't switch the copywork each day as they need to have the selection memorized first. So it isn't a lot of me work. :001_smile:

I actually just bought them for the sayings and use them to make my own copywork sheets using startwrite software because we use HWOT and I wanted that font and the double line for a while.

Oh, that is a lot of re-work! Is it worth it?

Can you copy the text from the HappyScribe PDFs and paste into your StartWrite? (We use StartWrite for the GDI font too.)

Wow, thanks. So many ideas to consider. I was already using copywork from our lessons and wanted something even simpler. I admit I do own Living Memory but I think I've exhausted all the short sentences, or the content is incomprehensible to ds. I'll definitely get more use from it from 3rd grade on.

No, I don't use WWE, but I will be using PLL, which I believe includes a fair amount of copywork.

Will research all those ideas soon. Thanks again!

Oh, that is a lot of re-work! Is it worth it?

Can you copy the text from the HappyScribe PDFs and paste into your StartWrite? (We use StartWrite for the GDI font too.)

Unfortunately no, it doesn't copy and paste, but I look at Happy Scribe as a reference, just like if I bought a book with nothing but copywork passages that I then had to write or type up myself.