Menu

Thank You SWB and JW!

I just wanted to say thanks for Susan and Jessie for their FABULOUS sessions today in Richmond! I truly LOVED every minute of it.

Thanks again!

PS luckily I didn't get kicked out of HEAV because of wearing your shirt although someone did ask me if I was Jessie. LOL

Edited by cseitter

I LOVED the seminar! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I drove up from Portsmouth just to see it! For those who missed it most of the topics are available on CD but not taped from the Richmond seminar. And yes, they ARE worth the $3 or $4 for the CD or download. I felt JW and SWB were both so generous with their time and wisdom with those of us drinking it in. Afterwords I was enlightened, refreshed, and liberated. I have already learned so much from their books. I'm not only speaking of The Well Trained Mind but also The Story of the World, First Language Lessons, and Writing with Ease just name a few. I can't wait to continue learning with my daughter!

We had a lot of fun, went down from NY with a friend. Blogged about it. :)

I read your blog and it was a very accurate description of the seminar and how kind everyone was! I, too, was star struck. I got a picture as well but we are still RV camping with my dad in Northern Williamsburg, VA and I haven't downloaded it yet. I am borrowing his computer right now. I blogged about my experience as well but my post was not as good as yours. And, well, I was so excited to head up there I LEFT MY BOOKS for them to autograph. :glare: I really hope I can meet them again. My 9 yo is a big fan as well and wants to meet her too and get an autograph of her copy of SOTW. :D I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

We had a lot of fun, went down from NY with a friend. Blogged about it. :)

Your blog entry cracked me up!! I've heard SWB speak twice, and I'm always amazed at how down to earth she is (to be so brilliant)! She never gives the impression that she has it all together- and I soooo appreciate that! I was also relieved to see the PHP youtube video (about nap time) which showed her kids' rooms were not pristine. She has every reason to feel like a superior homeschooler- yet she acts like she's one of us. :001_smile:

I heard SWb last year in Northern VA. I didn't go to the HEAV convention since I was not going to go to a convention where an AIG person is the keynote speaker. The fact that they put that group as keynote and won't even invite SWB or JW to speak at all just doesn't give e a good vibe about the group. It seems like a group that doesn't want anyone who is not a specific type of homeschooler to be in the program. Well I am not that type of specific type of homeschooler either so I guess I won't be visiting their convention. I liked FPEA much, much better.

LOL, just read your blog, Macrina. I am the one who was in line behind you to have Susan sign the exact same books!

When I first saw those shoes Susan was wearing, I wondered how long they were going to last. They were some serious heels.

Don't worry - I had the stalking in the bathroom thing covered. Glad to know Susan said it was OK!

:D

I am considering stalking them - um, following them - to Philly as well.

Ha! Ha! I immediately saw Susan's shoes too and thought. "ouch city!" I hate heels.

I wish I'd known we could get pics w/ her. I would have loved that.

Okay, yes, I'm nosy. And maybe everyone knows this but me. . . how can Susan be a professor, write her stunningly amazing curriculum and homeschool her kids?

My first thought is that the incredible Jessie Wise does the actual homeschooling. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Like I said, just nosy.

Alley

Okay, yes, I'm nosy. And maybe everyone knows this but me. . . how can Susan be a professor, write her stunningly amazing curriculum and homeschool her kids?

My first thought is that the incredible Jessie Wise does the actual homeschooling. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Her dh has subjects that he is completely in charge of. And Jessie does help too. But even with that, I think she must be incredibly good at time management (and possibly not need a lot of sleep!).

Like I said, just nosy.

Alley

Sounds like to me shared responsibility with hubby as well as careful training of the children. She also said she was careful what subjects she would commit to teaching her children, especially when they are young. And yes, I would guess help from the incredible Jessie Wise! At least that's what I got from the seminar.