Menu

What's your favorite easy healthy cooking blog or book OR even a recipe?

I'm trying to build up a notebook of REALLY delicious healthy recipes. We are already all organic, no processed foods, raw milk, etc., but it seems that a lot of the healthy stuff I try to make tastes bland or blah. Thanks!

My niece has an awesome blog called Healthy delicious...I will try to link it. Everything looks so yummy and is healthy too.

http://healthy-delicious.com/

Enjoy!

Faithe

I'm trying to build up a notebook of REALLY delicious healthy recipes. We are already all organic, no processed foods, raw milk, etc., but it seems that a lot of the healthy stuff I try to make tastes bland or blah. Thanks!

Oh, I also love Sundays at Moosewood and any recipe book by Nikki and David Goldbeck. They are awesome.

~~Faithe

I find magazine subscriptions are really helpful to me. All those pretty pictures with seasonal recipes? Much more inspiring than going back through some of my old cookbooks...

One of my favorites right now is Cooking Light. I was hesitant when I ordered it, remembering their focus some number of years ago. Now though, they really focus on fresh, whole foods prepared in healthy ways with moderate (healthy) fats and lots of fresh produce. Even Southern Living has had some great recipes and featured a number of chefs using lots of fresh, regional produce to make wonderful, interesting dishes. I get Vegetarian Times as well, but while I like some of the recipes, I find the overall tone obnoxious and grating.

Amazon often has really great deals on magazine subscriptions. I think I got a year of each of the magazines above for $5 a piece.

Healthy Cooking magazine (from the makers of Taste of Home) is a favorite of mine. I used to have Cooking Light, but they use a lot of expensive ingredients (like fresh herbs, expensive cuts of meat, etc.) that I found most of the recipes to be outside of our budget, not to mention time! (lots of multi-step recipes)

Healthy Cooking recipes are simple, use everyday ingredients, and are much easier on the pocketbook and are less time-consuming than Cooking Light, IMO.