Menu

Hi from Arkansas

• 11 months later...
It's b/c I am here in beautiful Arkansas and love the Arkansas Razorbacks (also known as Hogs). Though, I did not attend the U of A! But, my hubby did!

Woooo, pig, sooie!

Arkansas is beautiful. :) Most of it. Parts of that Delta area is pretty....uh flat. :D

I live on the Western edge of the state...near the middle...not too far from Fayetteville...where do you live?

• 1 month later...

We're here until the AF moves us again this summer to Santa Monica, CA. We're near Little Rock. This is our 3rd time here, we like it. The state has a undeserved bad rap, everyone asked us if we were going to have an outhouse the first time we moved here! It's almost like a real home for us, we've been here so many times and have friends from church from the first time we were here 12 years ago.

OK, I have a question for all you NW Arkansas folks: Are there some big cities up there or does half of NW Arkansas homeschool? I was looking at the state homeschool stats and was amazed at the number of NW Arkansas homeschoolers, it looked like more than the entire Little Rock area.

OK, I have a question for all you NW Arkansas folks: Are there some big cities up there or does half of NW Arkansas homeschool? I was looking at the state homeschool stats and was amazed at the number of NW Arkansas homeschoolers, it looked like more than the entire Little Rock area.

NWA all together (Rogers, Bella Vista, Rogers, Springdale, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and all the other little ones) are more populated that LR. But, there aren't any truly big cities up here. There are quite a few homeschoolers but I'd never guess we had more than LR! We might be moving there soon-- my dh is from LR and I spent some of my childhood south of LR. I was hoping to find a group to plug into before I moved, but I'm not finding any groups listed when I search! I'd like to find one similar to the one I'm in...not a textbook-y group, more living books, etc. with that CM/Classical feel to it. :) Anyone know of one?

Anyone up for a F'ville mall meeting? My kids just love the indoor playground on cold days! And if anyone is interested in the group I'm in, PM me! We're getting together at Fun City this week and just started a new book in our mom's book club (Pride and Pred.)...that meets once a month.

NWA all together (Rogers, Bella Vista, Rogers, Springdale, Fayetteville, Bentonville, and all the other little ones) are more populated that LR. But, there aren't any truly big cities up here. There are quite a few homeschoolers but I'd never guess we had more than LR!

Here's the enrollment map for Arkansas homeschoolers, I think you'll find it interesting:

http://arkansased.org/schools/pdf/hs_enroll_map_06-07_072407.pdf

• 1 month later...

Waving here from Garland County, you know, the National Park...

There are several groups in the Little Rock area but I don't know any names. The Mardel stores keep a partial list I think. I know many from our area drive to Little Rock and Benton regularly for co-op activities and groups. I really wish we could move back to the Little Rock area just for all the opportunities.