Pampers Causing Diaper Rashes

Thought this might be of interest here:

Parents Protest New Pampers Diapers on Facebook

More Than 3,000 Parents Join Facebook Page Protesting New Pampers Diapers

byline_abcnews.gif

41 comments

By KI MAE HEUSSNER

May 3, 2010

Dr. Scott Cohen reflects on how fatherhood changed his medical work.

Rosana Shah said that when her daughter broke into a rash after wearing Pampers' new diapers in December 2009, she created a Facebook page protesting the updated product. Now, despite product awards from parenting magazines and what Pampers said has been a tremendous sales campaign, more than 3,000 parents have joined the page, saying the diapers have given their children painful rashes and, in some cases, burns.

Proctor & Gamble officially launched its new Cruisers and Swaddlers diapers in mid-March with what it called "revolutionary" Dry Max technology. Describing it the "biggest innovation" for the Pampers brand in 25 years, the company said the technology enables the new diapers to be 20 percent thinner and more environmentally friendly than previous versions.

But on a Facebook protest page, parents across the country say that the new diapers, which started hitting shelves under old packaging months before the official release in new packaging, are causing their children harm. Some have uploaded photographs showing the red rashes and blisters they say developed on their babies' backsides after using the diapers.

LOL ... My dd1 started getting that kind of a rash (It would actually bleed! Poor baby :crying:.) from Huggies a few months ago and we had to switch TO Pampers to prevent it!! :D

OTOH, dd2 can still use Pampers or Huggies with no problem whatsoever. We can usually get Huggies cheaper with sales, good coupons, and rebates, so that is what dd2 usually uses.

Different people are sensitive to different things I guess. :001_smile:

We had been using Pampers Swaddlers before the Dry Max technology. Since I have extremely sensitive skin, we've opted to return to using cloth diapers rather than try out the new Pampers. Now that our move is over and we have settled into a routine, I don't mind the extras effort.

I had had a subscription from amazon.com from the diapers, and only recently was notified that they were no longer available and were to be replaced with the Dry Max version. :sad:

Well not sure what is going on with that but my now 15 yr old son was severely allergic to all Pamper diapers when he was a baby. The only diaper I could use were Huggies and Luvs. He had a severe diaper rash with the Pampers that turned into a yeast infection. It looked awful. We figured it out it was Pampers when he got healed from the infection and I bought another package of Pampers because I had a coupon for it, he got it again. We determined that he was allergic to Pampers.

My two other kids were not allergic at all and I can use any diapers with no problems with the other two.

So perhaps it is different with each child but if they are changing it now and there are a lot more incidences with diaper rash then it may mean something. ??

Holly

I have kids who have never had an allergic reaction to diapers. I should try the new ones to see if they're causing problems across the board or whether it's isolated. I hear about diaper rash problems with lots of friends, and think that some kids just can't handle certain additives in diapers, not just one brand, but many different ones.

One thing is for sure; people hate when companies change their products!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a box of these sitting on the shelf. We use cloth diapers now except when napping/nightime or going out for long periods. I was amazed at the increase in cost, at least here. It's a long drive to return them so I'll probably try them and see what happens, we have always used pampers if we use a disposable diaper, with all my kids.

Babies are all so different, aren't they?

I planned to use cloth diapers with my oldest and had a whole stash bought and ready. He developed rashes and screamed every time he was the slightest bit wet. :glare: We moved to disposable.

Recently, I used a diaper at a friend's house that was different than the Huggies we use at home. I think it was a Luv's. He had a rash when I changed him 2 hours later.

I bought a box of Pamper's on sale last month. DS had a slight rash and we went back to Huggies. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems (to me, anyway,) that if there's something in the outermost layer that "feels" even slightly slick rather than "fabricky", he gets a rash.:confused:

I just hate that my son always feels wet in the new pampers, and when he does pee, now his clothes feel damp right away. One of my other friends who swears by pampers has her daughter leaking through them too. So I'm switching back to huggies. I like'd the up and up brand (target's) diapers, but I hate the big blue dots showing through his lighter colored clothes, and they rub him funny and give him rashes.

We use cloth about 75% of the time, but Pampers have always been my preference for disposables. My daughter had some rash and leaking issues with Huggies and Luvs but could use most generics just fine. (though I could not use generics at night with her, just Pampers) DS has been able to use any diaper - currently when not in cloth he is in Target diapers for the daytime and Pampers at night. I prefer the "Baby Dry" version of Pampers (the kind without dry max or that weird mesh) but often the better coupons/sales are for Cruisers. We had samples of the new dry max version and it didn't seem to bother him.

My son who is very sensitive to a lot of things wears Pampers.

We have had no problems with them.

We stopped using Pampers for a while and tried Huggies and Luvs.

When I seen Pampers had changed, I wanted to try them and now that's all we have been buying.

I did like the Huggies Pure and Natural diapers but you don't get very many in one package for $8.97(or whatever the price).

Huggies has come out with a new diaper that looks like blue jeans~they look very cute

Edited by Kristafish