Menu

B'day gift ideas for 11 year old boy...

Help...I need 5 GREAT ideas to choose from as b'day gift ideas for a boy turning 11 years (Christian boy).

He LOVES legos, but we got him that last year for a gift and can't that be outdone???

I'd like something $10 or less.

Thanks. Sheryl <><

PS...Ideas needed immediately!

I would consider a pocket knife, if he dones't have one.

Is a sailing or boating class an option? A ropes course, or maybe an indoor/outdoor rock-climbing class?

It's all about the challenge, ime, at this age. I know some kids are all about the Gameboys (my kids have interest there as well) etc., but there are many engaging outdoor activity programs being offerred at this time of year.

My ds says a cd. Or a gift card to where he likes to shop so he can choose his own gift. See, I hate the "gift card" mentality, but apparently kids at this age (not just mine) seem to appreciate this sort of thing. Maybe I don't like it because I'm older and do actually appreciate the thought, but it seems between the ages of 11 and 15, kids are all about themselves, and sometimes a giftcard is the way to go. Perhaps your birthday boy is different. Sorry - I asked the only 11 year old boy I know, and that's what I got.

OK, like all these ideas. Yes, Laura there is a place for gift cards. I'm an older Mom too and I do prefer the personalized effort to the actual gift itself. Sometimes convenience wins out.

I like the outdoor ideas....all ideas were great. The swiss pocket knife, but I think those are pricey.

He's not interested in mp3's I don't think. CD's are out....not interested, again.

To be honest, I'm trying to make my purchase power go a little further by not getting a gift card with the amount. We have some expenses coming up and if I can find something for no more than $10, I'll do that.

I'll check into the legos again too, just thought it might be overkill, but hey we're talking BOYS!!

Thanks all! Sheryl <><

If you really want him to be happy...go with the gift card.

Otherwise my 11 yr old son says

Legos

Nerf gun

maybe a model if you know he would like it-type you put together like a car or plane

Good luck!

OK, thanks. I'm rechecking Legos. There are the regular legos and the "speciality" legos..worth re-considering. I like the model idea too. Where do I buy that? Do you mean a car/plane model using legos??? Please specify...

Nerf Gun, Water Gun, Marshmallow shooter

Book of Immaturity (may be more like $12-15)

Blockbuster Movie rental certificate, popcorn, pop, candy bar in a gift bag

Coin collecting book & bag of coins

Football cards

Klutz book (they have a cool Lego contraptions one and a fun movie-making one that my ds12 loves...they are over your budget, but if you have a Michaels near you, you can use a half-off coupon)

My ds says a cd. Or a gift card to where he likes to shop so he can choose his own gift. See, I hate the "gift card" mentality, but apparently kids at this age (not just mine) seem to appreciate this sort of thing. Maybe I don't like it because I'm older and do actually appreciate the thought, but it seems between the ages of 11 and 15, kids are all about themselves, and sometimes a giftcard is the way to go. Perhaps your birthday boy is different. Sorry - I asked the only 11 year old boy I know, and that's what I got.

I know my kids like the gift cards because they don't often have money of their own and they like to shop for theirselves or for their siblings.

OK, thanks. I'm rechecking Legos. There are the regular legos and the "speciality" legos..worth re-considering. I like the model idea too. Where do I buy that? Do you mean a car/plane model using legos??? Please specify...

Not legos, just plastic pieces you snap or glue together. They are either painted already or unpainted (my son likes the pre-painted /colored kind). These are sold at Michael's craft stores or Hobby Lobby I think. Also at hobby stores. Michael's always has coupons for 40% off too!

Not legos, just plastic pieces you snap or glue together. They are either painted already or unpainted (my son likes the pre-painted /colored kind). These are sold at Michael's craft stores or Hobby Lobby I think. Also at hobby stores. Michael's always has coupons for 40% off too!

OK Ann, thanks for that. I'm going for some shut eye right now, but need to act quickly tomorrow....party is this TH. Thanks much. Sheryl <><

Sign up for Michaels emails and they will send you 1 coupon for 50% off. They have some cool craft and science kits.

For the record, my 10yo ds hates legos. So they are not the perfect gift. He would prefer a precut wood kit (like a birdhouse or something) with paints for a gift. Sometimes we have found the kits very cheap at Lowes.

• 4 months later...
Guest laura lizabe

Perhaps you could gift him quarters from The United States Mint and encourage him to start his very own coin collection. The United States Mint is issuing 56 new quarters that feature different U.S. National Parks and other national sites! Here's a link with more info on the program: http://bit.ly/atbquarters