Menu

Infant & Childrens Tylenol, Benadryl and Zyrtec RECALL

If we have product mentioned, what do we do with it? All I see is a mention of 'stop using it'. Does anyone see the information anywhere?

I have no idea what they are going to do about the recall, I just wanted to get the word out. As my children use all three products pretty regularly !

Those that are concerned that they have some of the affected medications should call McNeil at 1-888-222-6036. If your child develops symptoms from taking the recalled Tylenol products call 1-800-FDA-0178, which is the FDA Medwatch hotline. They keep track of the effects of recalled medications

"The company is initiating this recall following an investigation of consumer reports of an unusual moldy, musty, or mildew-like odor that, in a small number of cases, was associated with temporary and non-serious gastrointestinal events. These include nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, or diarrhea."

Mine smell fine. I'm going to keep using them.

Barb

ETA: Nevermind. I found a better explanation here: NYT Children’s Tylenol and Other Drugs Recalled Guess mine are going in the trash too.

Edited by Barb F. PA in AZ

Yes- it's just medicines from the one manufacturer.

That's what I was thinking. I know that sometimes, though, generic and name brand products come from the same manufacturer, and are just packaged differently, so I wasn't sure if that was the case here.

Thanks for this post! I called McNeill because 3 had 2 bottles of Motrin, 1 of Tylenol and 1 of Infant's Tylenol. They all had the code on them from the website so I called and asked if we get refunded for the medicines we bought. They took the codes and expiration dates and it turns out that the Motrin bottles were okay, but both Tylenol bottles were not. They are going to send me coupons to get them replaced. Hope this helps!

Thanks for this post! I called McNeill because 3 had 2 bottles of Motrin, 1 of Tylenol and 1 of Infant's Tylenol. They all had the code on them from the website so I called and asked if we get refunded for the medicines we bought. They took the codes and expiration dates and it turns out that the Motrin bottles were okay, but both Tylenol bottles were not. They are going to send me coupons to get them replaced. Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for the heads up! Bumping this info back to the top.

Barb

That's what I was thinking. I know that sometimes, though, generic and name brand products come from the same manufacturer, and are just packaged differently, so I wasn't sure if that was the case here.

Can I just say that my dd came down with a severe headache last night, inspiring me to check my meds. We had the Motrin and the Tylenol, and I had such a giant brain fart that it never occurred to me to think generic. I had to put a call into the ped (after hours) and wait for him to call me back and suggest I go get some. :blushing:

I'm just getting around to checking my medicines out. I have three that are affected. On the website now they have a link where you can put your lot numbers and NCD numbers in from the medicines and they will refund you the money.

I'm confused though. I can't find the link where they list the codes for the adult products. We have some Tylenol 8 hour and Rolaids I'd like to check. Anyone know?