Menu

Knitters: What are you working on right now?

I'm finishing the fourth of a set (so I don't always have to find The One And Only Match every time they go through the wash...) -- I'm pretty sure I'll get one more pair out of the same yarn, but first I'm doing a pair of entrelac socks in a rainbow variegated silk blend! Those should be fun! :)

I am working the mate to a sock. It is made out of the Panda Cotton in the colorway Fruit Salad. (picture of it is on my blog linked in sig below)

I also have a fingerless mitten thing going for my ds. It is just made from the Caron Simply Soft. I have quite a bit of it around. And if he loses it, no worries that I used expensive yarn for it! I am working on the 2nd one for this one.

And I have the beginnings of a sweater vest for my ds for Christmas. It is of Cotton Tweed yarn in a dark navy with little flecks of color in it. I have done the ribbing and an inch or two up the back. It is done in the flat. (I have picture of this up as well)

I can't wait to get my sock finished so I can wear them!

I am reknitting a pair of socks I knit for my giant footed son.

I knit this pair toe up with a short row heel.

Well, apparently a short ro heel makes a very narrow instep. Too narrow for the recepient to actually squeeze his foot into. He wears a size 14 shoe so that was a lot of frogging. (No one in the house could wear the socks as they were so.......sigh.):crying:

This is the second time this has happened to this particular child. The last pair of socks got handed down to his next younger brother.

a very, very simple scarf. It is my first attempt, the edges look like a zig zag, lol, but I am super poud of it. It will be purple and white and I will wear it in the fall. I am self-taught via youtube.com, can't afford classes and do not mesh with most groups so, there it is. I have problems reading directions, total visual learner, so not sure if I will ever get past this one stitch.

I'm working on the Sock of Death, which has killed all interest I have in knitting. It seemed like such an innocent sock when I cast on. Who knew that it would bring all my knitting to a screeching halt?

I feel your pain. Every time I knit socks, I end (usually half way through the second one) saying, "I am never going to knit socks again." And then I forget about the pain and drudgery and cast on a new one a few months later.

Currently I'm working on Thermal from Knitty, which is worked on fairly small needles for a sweater. But because I know it's going to take forever, I don't have that GET IT DONE NOW anticipation. Maybe I'll have it ready for next winter?

I'm working on a Moderne Baby Blanket for my son-to-be-godson in Sirdar Breeze (it's a color block pattern in pale brown, green, blue, and white). The pattern is from Mason Dixon Knitting. On another set of needles is a heather brown cardigan that's cabled from under the bust to the lower edge and at the cuffs. The pattern is Mr. Greenjeans .

I also have a tea cosy cast on but I need the needles from the cardi sleeves so it will have to wait a while. It'll be knit in Noro Kureyon as a gift for my sister who's current tea cosy has big burn holes in it!

I am knitting squares, 32-36 stitches square. My intention is to put them together to make one big blanket as they are all different patterns. Eventually it will be 17 x 17 squares, 289 total. I an at about 250 now and it still amazes me I have found that many different patterns. It's like an addiction...:)

I have had a blast learning all the many patterns and I daresay knitting them is far more fun than stitching them all together will be..LOL.

That modern baby blanket looks so cool!

I have been flailing on the knitting front the last few months. I did 2 1/2 pairs of mittens and a sweater for the baby that I finished too late for him to wear this year (so of course it will be too small next year, sigh) I just got my yarn and needles organized again this weekend and I started on my first pair of socks. I am excited to try something new. I will need to start another project too since I like to have 2 things going at once. Probably a sweater for one of my older boys.